Adventure of the Seas 4/24-5/1

Just got back from the Adventure of the Seas. We had a wonderful time. By far the best looking ship we've sailed. However, the last 2 nights, Richard Spacey was nowhere to be found. My daughter really enjoyed him as cruise director, and got quite worried. Anyone know what happened to him????

Loved the route. We had a wonderful time. It was our first time visiting Antigua and St. Lucia. Both are beautiful islands. The only thing we were disappointed with was the food variety. Had much better options on Carnival.

Mostly the food variety in the dining room. Quality was good. My DH missed having his Beef Wellington, as well as creme brulee. The buffets always get boring after the first few days. Breakfast especially, but I find that on all cruise lines.

In Antigua, we ended up hiring a private taxi driver to bring us around the island. We had a great time until the taxi broke down! Luckily it was within walking distance of the ship, so it was no big deal. We were originally going to go to Pineapple Beach, but the kids got fried in St. Maarten, and didn't want to be in the sun anymore, so they stayed on the ship.

We were also on this AOS sailing - the food in the dining room was nothing to write home about. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good - it was just there. I am not hard to please but some nights there was NO choice at all - it was do we want what???? On Italian night, the only thing Italian on the menu was chicken marsala - not exactly what you think of for Italian night - but there are always plain steaks and veggies available so that's ok. We found the food in the buffets better than the dining room - but that's just our opinion. (Neither of us are foodies but there were great choices in the Hurricane Grill). All in all, a good cruise - good ports and pretty decent weather. I would definitely do this cruise again!!!! :cool:

I don't mean to sound nasty here at all, but I never understand why people complain about the food, if your food was uncooked then fine, but otherwise why complain? As long as I don't have to make it, serve it, or clean up after it then I don't complain. I have cruised Celebrity and RCCL and yes the food was a bit better on Celebrity as it should be it is a "higher end" cruise line. The food on RCCL was good, I thought there were alot of choices on the menu, and also found it didn't matter if it was on the menu or not you pretty much could have what you want, so why complain? You are on vaction, someone else is doing the cooking and the cleaning why not try and enjoy? If you don't like what you were served ask for something else, I did and there was no problem. :o

Archived