Guarantee cabins assigned?

cfralc

I'm wondering how far out they start assigning guarantee cabins? There appears to be a lot of cabins still available at about a month and a half out. Does that make a difference?

thanks!

Well, we booked our 11/25/12 cruise on 1/27/12 and our cabin assignment for our OV guar (cat OK) was done by 2/22/12. I thought that was way too early so I tried to throw it back in the air to see when and where it would land but once assignment has been made its a done deal.

We've done GTY a couple times. I seem to recall getting our assignment a couple months before departure. One of the times, we received the little welcome booklet in the mail with luggage tags minus the cabin number because it hadn't been assigned yet.

This is my first cruise, but I booked a GTY inside and was assigned probably a week after booking (booked about 2 months prior to launch). I later upgraded to a balcony and was assigned that about 2 weeks later. About two weeks left to go before launch. Pretty happy with my assignment though. Wound up with a mid ship balcony on Deck 9 (Epic). BX -> BB

Well, we booked our 11/25/12 cruise on 1/27/12 and our cabin assignment for our OV guar (cat OK) was done by 2/22/12. I thought that was way too early so I tried to throw it back in the air to see when and where it would land but once assignment has been made its a done deal.

Sheilah, if you're travelling on the Sun, come on and join our roll call!

Janette

You should receive your cabin number about a month out, but don't worry, they will have a cabin for you!

I have done several GTY and the dates of assignment has been varied. It's been assigned anywhere from a month out up to the day before the cruise. I have also had it change to a different cabin after being assigned one.

Archived