ZOO SHORE EXCURSION

obnurse

We just returned from the Galaxy. We had signed up for the Wildlife Adventure tour--riverboat ride and Belize Zoo. The night before the tour we were told the zoo was not taking tours at this time and we would be taken to the Baboon Sanctuary. The tour was okay. (I might have been somewhat disappointed becuase I was really looking forward to the zoo.) If we had known more about the Baboon Sanctuary, we would have switched tours. Just check to make sure that the zoo is open to cruise ship tours before you sign up.

Last year we did the Belize zoo tour that the NCL Sun offered. It was great! They drove us out in a big bus and there was a local tour guide on board. She pointed out interesting sights along the way and talked about the culture, people, etc. She also gave us the tour at the zoo. We had a 2 year old with us so we thought she would enjoy the zoo. And she did-but fell asleep halfway through the tour. Beautiful animals. It was really hot in Belize but most of the trail at the zoo was shaded and they provided bottled water for us on the bus. If you are taking kids-don't take a stroller. The trails were made up of small pea sized gravel and strollers/wheelchairs would not work very well.

Norwegian Spirit Aug '04

Norwegian Sun April '03

Yes-there was only one bird of some sort that we did not see. Sometimes the animals were hiding but our tour guide knew how to coax them out of their hiding place.

Norwegian Spirit Aug '04

Norwegian Sun April '03

• 9 months later...

Hi

Yes I have been to the belize zoo and it was fantastic! thee tour guide was extremely nice and very knowledgeable of the country and the destination. I took my trip with phil from phils tours, so if you are in belize look him up. he is great and the price is fair

James:)

Archived