blue lagoon questions

bluehenfan

I did a blue lagoon excursion about 9 yrs ago while on a Disney cruise. I remember the beach as being very small and rocky. I also remember as we walked to the boat that would take us to the blue lagoon there were a couple locals in feathered costumes beating out a rythmic sound on drums. It was pretty interesting..... for awhile. They continued playing a cassette or CD of their "music" the entire 30+ min. ride and once we arrived at blue lagoon the drumming continued nonstop. I remember quite a few people (including me) just couldn't wait to get on first ferry back to our ship, just to get away from the never ending drumming that was now being played on intercom around blue lagoon. My 2 questions are, is the beach still very small and rocky and is the never ending drumming still a part of the blue lagoon experience ?? Thank you.

The beach wasn't exactly pristine last year, but I wouldn't call it rocky...it is still on the small side. There are a lot of hammocks in the shade now, too. There were no drummers when we were there. There was a man playing the steel drums near the buffet area which I enjoyed, now that we don't get that on the Carnival Lido anymore. It was a decent day there...just kind of a hassle to have to go to Paradise Island to get the boat. I think the folks that booked thru Carnival got the boat from the port area (and that's where we got dropped off at the end of the day)

we were there 2 years ago and yes the beach is small, rocky and not nice at all. I guess if you do Dolphin stuff others have liked it but as a beach day not a chance..go to Cable Beach and one of the Hotel Day Passes

Thank you for the replies. I had thought about this excursion on our next cruise, but think I'll go with the Cable beach and hotel day pass suggestion. Glad to hear drumming has changed. I would have actually liked some steel drum music - always puts me in a cruising frame of mind but I also remember being so disappointed with the beach so I think I'll skip Blue Lagoon. We've done the dolphin swim at other locations over the years.

I know I can always find an answer here.

Archived