SUMMIT - What cabin area?

Balto Bob

There is less motion in the center of the ship as opposed to the ends and there is less motion as go towards the bottom of the ship. Therefore, a cabin on a low deck in the center of the ship will experience the least movement. The funny thing is that some of the most prized cabins such as an aft cabin with a balcony are on the higher decks and experience the most motion.

Having only cruised in the aft cabins on the "M" class ships, I don't think there is much motion at all. You are on a cruiseship afterall (where have I heard that before???:rolleyes: ). Just got off the Summit and had a corner FV cabin. With a kid, I am assuming at this age in the same cabin with you, I would go for one of these on decks 7 or 8. The ones on deck 9 are noisey from the outdoor cafe above. The FV's have very large verandahs and also are actually two rooms, seperated by a divider. One room closest to the verandah has two sleeper sofas and a T.V. with VCR. The other room is your normal cabin, with all that you would expect there.

Archived