How to keep documents dry?

I am a scuba diver and had the same issue. I bought small water proof containers from one of my local dive shops. They have sizes from cigarette packs to eye glass cases. They have seals, snaps and they float and have straps you can put around your wrist or neck.

I use the cigarette size for ship cards, money, credit cards, watch, etc. I also wear glasses so use the larger case for those.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a fanny pack that we use when we go diving, snorkeling, cave tubing, etc. It is about 6"x9"and is flat. The brand is Splash Caddy-dry gear. It came with 2 leakproof/airtight seal bags that we use if we take passports, cash, car keys, etc. with us. We only had a problem with the contents getting wet once, and that was because DH forgot to zip them up! (Thankfully we didn't have our passports that time!) It's been great to have because I worry about the "what-if's" when it comes to leaving credit cards, ID, and such on the boat when we are diving. If you search for watchfuleyedesigns you'll be able to find them.

Before our recent cruise I bought an Key Master Aquapac. I choose the KeyMaster because it was small (just big enough for my ship card, a credit card and a few dollars), but they had all sizes. I wore it twice snokeling and found it to be waterproof. It was lightweight consisted of a flexible section where you store your valuables, a hard plastic section which creates the seal and 2 plastic "bolts." I especially liked the fact that it would not close if anything such as the corner of one of the cards was in the area that created the waterproof seal.

Ditto to what Dale says. I purchased a small aquapac about two years ago. I use it religiously on trips. I can carry money, credit cards, C card etc and never worry about getting wet. When I'm at the beach I need not leave any valuable on the beach. By the way I've had it to 130 ft several times with no problems.

Jerry

Archived