Inspiration Owner's Suite/ Penthouse/ PH-1/ S-1

LAdad

Just got off Inspiration yesterday. Had a great time for 4 nights, traveled with DW, DS7, DD4, DSrIL50. The 5 of us fit gloriously in one of the so-called Owner's Suites. Didn't take too many pictures of the suite but the pictures/ videos that have been previously posted are pretty accurate. The suite looks much better in real life, though. For example, the pictures make the bathroom look gaudy... but looked much better in person and we loved the corner tub with the jets, especially the kids!

Don't want to get into too many specifics about the price because I know that I was only paying for the extra room and everything else was the same including food, entertainment, etc. But it was roughly double what an Ocean View purchased 3 months in advance for 4 people would cost. Please don't flame me for paying double what I was already going to pay for a regular cabin. I don't think I would pay double the going suite rate, though. When I got the call from the UPSALE fairy, I just couldn't resist. And I'm glad I didn't... but next time I'll probably just buy two oceanview cabins on separate dates instead. But the family liked the Owner's Suite so much it would be a tough decision. I just hope to get the opportunity again! :D

Had to go back to work today, so no time to write a review worthy of CC. But please reply if you have any questions regarding the suite/ Camp Carnival/ etc. Note: We were enjoying the suite being so close to the Lido deck/ buffet/ Camp Carnival/ Paris Lounge/ Atrium that we didn't see Ensenada at all and only went onto Catalina for one hour to ride the Nautilas yellow submarine... and then rushed back to the suite.

This was our first cruise... and now we are undoubtedly spoiled for life! My DD4 is not going to understand that all cabins aren't 1100 square feet in size. I feel like I'm just setting her up for disappointment. We go out on the Splendor in 5 weeks in a Spa Balcony so I'll let you all know how the family reacts.

Happy cruising!

Welcome back and glad to hear you had a great trip!

Just a completely nosey question here: Did you feel like you were in a fishbowl in that suite?? I was on Fascination last month and noticed that at night, for sure, you could see directly into the room. At certain times of the day, as well, depending on how the light was hitting the ship. I wound up thinking that if I were in that cabin I would want the drapes shut all the time, which would make the view pointless.

I was just wondering from a BTDT perspective if that was at all true?

Wasn't too bad. There are wooden blinds, sheer drapes, and heavy blackout drapes over all of the windows. We had the windows fully exposed during the daytime and the blinds and sheer drapes closed for most of the evening/ early night. Then only used the heavy drapes when when we slept. Our neighbors in the other OS had everything open at all times and I could see into their cabin from the Lido deck in the late evenings.

Below us on deck 11 outside of Camp Carnival below our windows, there is deck space that was frequented by many young 20-somethings partying in the late evening before late dinner and I'm pretty sure they didn't know we could see them if we looked down from our windows. I'm just glad we (especially my kids) couldn't hear them as I remember the silly things we talked about at parties 20 years ago! :D

I am glad you liked the Suite Life. Unfortunately CCL suites are just more sq footage, no awesome perks included like a butler. To really enjoy and see what living it up is try a suite on NCL, Celbrity, or RCL to name a few. Save your money on CCL.

Archived