Nassau - Want it all

srjones1

Four of us will be in Nassau May 23rd and ideally we'd like to spend a few hours snorkeling, laying on the beach and partaking in adult beverages. Does any place there offer that in an AI price thats not ridiculously priced? I've done it in other locations but this is our first trip to Nassau. I've searched CC and google til I'm about blind and just don't see the exact thing I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help.

Four of us will be in Nassau May 23rd and ideally we'd like to spend a few hours snorkeling, laying on the beach and partaking in adult beverages. Does any place there offer that in an AI price thats not ridiculously priced? I've done it in other locations but this is our first trip to Nassau. I've searched CC and google til I'm about blind and just don't see the exact thing I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help.

I hear from different people on here that the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau is supposed to be very nice. I believe $50 which includes $30 food beverage voucher.

It's very close walking distance from the pier

We just returned from Nassau, we took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton. You just walk a few blocks to the corner of Bay and George st. It will only cost you $1.25 each way and you get to meet some nice locals, don't forget to say good morning when you get on. They drop you across the street from the hotel. You walk thru the lobby and get a day pass for $25.00, you get use of all the non-motorized sports equipment, beach chair, all the pools and the snorkeling is great. There's a great bar and great food available for purchase. The food is a little expensive, but very good. Some people have suggested bringing food from the ship if you want to save some money.

We just returned from Nassau, we took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton. . The food is a little expensive, but very good. Some people have suggested bringing food from the ship if you want to save some money.

Its illegal to bring food off the ship into the bahamas:: its been discussed many times: customs regulations and safety: please abide by the laws of your host country:

• 1 month later...
We just returned from Nassau, we took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton. You just walk a few blocks to the corner of Bay and George st. It will only cost you $1.25 each way and you get to meet some nice locals, don't forget to say good morning when you get on. They drop you across the street from the hotel. You walk thru the lobby and get a day pass for $25.00, you get use of all the non-motorized sports equipment, beach chair, all the pools and the snorkeling is great. There's a great bar and great food available for purchase. The food is a little expensive, but very good. Some people have suggested bringing food from the ship if you want to save some money.

Did you have to rent snorkel equipment or was it provided for you? I'm new to cruising, but this sounds like the best of both worlds... Luxury and a little adventure!

• 2 weeks later...
Is the snorkeling really any good? We're toying with the idea of doing a snorkeling excursion but probably don't need to see the best snorkeling if there is reasonable snorkeling somewhere like the sheraton

While snorkeling at the sheraton is indeed Ok, it's nowhere near as good as a boat tour to the sea gardens, reefs or Rose Island.

If snorkeling is an important factor, book a boat tour.

I agree that the snorkeling is good behind the Sheraton. Swim out to the rocks and you will find lots of fish. There was lots of big fish too that would come right to you. Freaked my son out,:D he is used to the fish swimming away. Maybe not as good as a tour, can't say, haven't been on one. I'd bet the tour would be better. Just beware,(maybe different now) the gear they gave me a couple of years ago was just a cheap mask and snorkel soaking in bleach water and no flippers. My mask keep popping off!:mad: I would have to have my teenage son hold me up out of the water so I could fix it. He was taller than me and could touch and breath through his snorkel while I tried to put it all back together. We had a good time and a few good laughs about it all.

Archived