Can anybody help with an all inclusive resort in either Aruba or Caicaos, Turks. Thanks!

There are several all inclusives in Aruba, the one that springs to mind is called "La Cabana" and it is quite popular. I have had friends stay there and they really like it. You have to watch those prices though, it's not the cheapest resort on the island. You may want to consider the Holiday Inn Sunspree as well......I believe the hotel is a 3 star but is apparently quite nice and reasonably priced.

On Turks and Caicos, you may want to look into Beaches.....it's one of the nicest resorts on the Island.

You should also check out www.tripadvisor.com look under Caribbean and select your destination. A list of hotels/resorts will come up on the left hand side of the screen and you can see what previous guests thought of each resort.

Good Luck :D

There are several resorts in Aruba that are all-inclusive. La Cabana, The Mill and Amsterdam Manor I'm pretty sure all offer all-inclusive in the low rise area (Eagle Beach Area). All of these property's are beachfront, but you have to cross the street to actully get to the beach.

In the high rise area (Palm Beach area) there's Wyndham, Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Allegro Resort. Palm Beach area is personally my favorite area water is alot calmer and literally on the beach.

Eagle Beach is where they go for all of the watersports which is why the water is not as calm. They sell the watersports over at Palm Beach, but they take you by boat to Eagle Beach.

I have to say being that Aruba is my favorite place to go that there is so much to offer on the island food wise that I think doing an all-inclusive you would miss out.

Holiday Inn, Divi, Tam all come to mind. A lot of people swear by the Divi and Tam - we have stayed at the Holiday Inn several times and used their all inclusive. It is pretty decent - not up to cruise ship standards in terms of choice - but not horrible either - drinks were very good. Aruba has excellent restaurants so most people avoid the all inclusive, however, it is an expensive island.

Holiday Inn is a very typical big, old, Holiday Inn, excellent staff, one of the best beaches on the island. Their all inclusive package includes a full breakfast buffet with egg stations, etc., they have buffets every evening and a "sit down" restaurant that you have to make reservations for. Most people prefer lunch at their outdoor beach cafe - burgers, salad type food.

Hope that helps.

I'll point out that La Cabana has made some changes in their AI program the last couple of years. In general, the prices have gone way up and the choices decreased. But like a number of other resorts, they have meal plans that are not AI. Unless you're a big drinker and also eat a lot, it's hard to get value out of most meal plans. The direct price through La Cabana is $95 per day and you must get it for the LOS. I think there are still items that are an extra charge. In the past members got a 10% discount AND the price was much less. You might still be able to get a package deal that includes the AI much less but I think this is less available and for a higher price than in the past. In general, you will find the same true for MOST AI plans. Since most people really slow down the eating and their drinking after about 3 days, it's unlikely one can come out financially on a full week AI plan.

I know some people were complaining about La Cabana's plan through a TA a year or two ago based on non covered or extra charge items. I own there and would recommend you consider renting a week from an owner then sampling the restaurants. While I haven't actually been to Aruba, I have seen enough info to know there are many great dining choices. It seem similar to Cancun in that respect.

Just a quick comment regarding all-inclusive pricing ..... It is hard to compare pricing in Cancun with Aruba (previous posting). Restaurants in Aruba are good - but dinner for two will usually be around $75-$100 with maybe one drink, which to me is expensive. Most of the hotel breakfasts, while excellent, are around $15 per person. We found Cancun much, much cheaper.

Aruba is an island where I think going AI pays off, and then go out to dinner a couple of times to the island's restaurants - maybe depends on how much you drink, but a coke or pepsi can set you back $4 - which sure adds up - mixed drinks more like $7 or more. Just my opinion, and trying to be helpful.

Just a quick comment regarding all-inclusive pricing ..... It is hard to compare pricing in Cancun with Aruba (previous posting). Restaurants in Aruba are good - but dinner for two will usually be around $75-$100 with maybe one drink, which to me is expensive. Most of the hotel breakfasts, while excellent, are around $15 per person. We found Cancun much, much cheaper.

Aruba is an island where I think going AI pays off, and then go out to dinner a couple of times to the island's restaurants - maybe depends on how much you drink, but a coke or pepsi can set you back $4 - which sure adds up - mixed drinks more like $7 or more. Just my opinion, and trying to be helpful.

La Cabana has full kitchens and there are BBQ grills on site, this may make a different to some. I don't think Aruba is quite as expensive as some would make it out to be. But the AI at La Cabana is $95 pp and must be bought for the entire LOS, min of 6 nights and the entire party I THINK. Plus there are other meal deals and specials on the island including a package deal through the AGA there. La Cabana owners get a 10% discount on the restaurants at the resort which are only average it appears. Back when the menu's on the La Cabana home page listed the prices, I went through the exercise of comparing apples to apples including tips and all costs. The meal plan at that time was barely half the price for owners as it is now. Even at the lower price, it was hard to make it workable financially. So unless you will eat an appetizer and desert essentially every meal AND drink a fair amount, almost everyone will come out ahead without the AI plan. Now the members package is a little better deal for some if used correctly.

Archived