Just off NCL Dawn with toddler

MrsK2008

I just got back from Bermuda on the NCL Dawn with my 2 1/2 yo DD and she had an absolute blast! DD is potty trained, so no issues with diapers and the pool area. There weren't many kids on this cruise because we went on a non vacation week, but the kids that were onboard were smaller kids.

The kids pool area (or TRex pool) was great, right in the aft. There are two slides, a toddler slide, a small pool that is 2.5 feet deep and a hot tub. However, the chairs and lounges in this area were small and kid sized and the adult size lounges were on the outside of the area. But it was nice that they had two showers, changing area, and toilet near by.

The entertainment was great on this cruise and took my DD to see some shows and singers. She loved Patti & Jose, the Irish sing along, and the duo acrobatic shows.

They have a kids area in the Garden Cafe (buffet) with tables and stools made for little kids and a food station with the kids favorites - cereal, eggs, sausage, fruit for breakfast and fries, hot dogs, pasta for lunch and dinner. However, when we asked for a kids menu in the dining rooms, they gave her a coloring sheet with crayons, but no menu on the sheet. I think is to replace the kids menu and waitstaff thought the kids menu was on the coloring sheet. They never did bring us a kids menu, but they have mac & cheese, pizza, chicken fingers & fries, hamburgers, & hot dogs. And of course, ice cream! DD liked the food and loved the fruit!

We were in Bermuda for a 3 days and there is plenty to do in the Dockyard. I recommend getting a transportation pass which give you unlimited use of the buses and ferries as you can't rent a car and taxis are expensive. I did take her to the Maritime musuem in the Dockyard to see the dolphins and explored the grounds, which is an old fort. We also went to Horshoe Bay Beach which is beautiful. They have bathrooms, concession stand, and you can rent beach chairs - well worth the trip. We also took an afternoon trip to Hamiliton via ferry and walked around. I highly suggest an umbrella stroller for the little ones - leave your big travel stroller or jogging strollers at home. If you stay in the Dockyard, there is a free train shuttle that just goes around the Dockyard that the kids will like along with a playground and Snorkel Park.

Archived