Fun Ship Dollars

Ok... So after reading that Visa gift cards may or may not work on the ship, I went ahead and purchased some Fun Ship Dollars with mine. (I got the gift card at work, and I figured that since it was "extra" money, I'd like to reserve it for fun things on vacation!)

So.. now the question is... how will I get them? Will they come in the mail, or magically appear in my cabin? Do I then take them to the purser to apply to my account?

I'm new to this whole Fun Ship Dollars thing. And, frankly, posting on this board gives me an excuse to spend my time thinking about cruising.

Thanks!

if you order them online, you can put OBC in the address and the amount will be applied to your onboard account

We leave May 31st for our cruise. I'm wondering if it's too late to purchase fun ship dollars and they actually be in my onboard account by the time we sail.

Is there anyway to just call and have them put a certain amount on your onboard account and charge your debit card at that time...or is this the same as fun ship dollars?

Is there anyway to just call and have them put a certain amount on your onboard account and charge your debit card at that time...or is this the same as fun ship dollars?

thats the same. Since you are a week away from the sail date, i think its a bit too late to do anything now

We leave May 31st for our cruise. I'm wondering if it's too late to purchase fun ship dollars and they actually be in my onboard account by the time we sail.

I don't see why it would be too late. I called up and had money put onto my onboard account. They took my credit card info and asked how much. I though mine was instantly on there, but it took my friend a couple of days to show up on hers. But it would defanitly be there by the 31st.

Give them a call. Worst they can do is tell you no.

Ok... So after reading that Visa gift cards may or may not work on the ship, I went ahead and purchased some Fun Ship Dollars with mine. (I got the gift card at work, and I figured that since it was "extra" money, I'd like to reserve it for fun things on vacation!)

So.. now the question is... how will I get them? Will they come in the mail, or magically appear in my cabin? Do I then take them to the purser to apply to my account?

I'm new to this whole Fun Ship Dollars thing. And, frankly, posting on this board gives me an excuse to spend my time thinking about cruising.

Thanks!

Sounds like you already bought them. If you did not specify to have them applied to your OBC you will receive them in the mail. You can then take them on the ship to the guest services desk and have them applied to your account. Enjoy...I know I LOVE it when i get a bit extra at work to spend on fun things!

Thanks!

Both.

First they will arrive in the mail to the address you put down when you bought them. On the back will be a website where you can apply them to your on board account

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/RequestForms/Funship_redemption.html

OR you can take them with you and do it on the ship.

I've used the redemption website in the past, and once on board cards arrived in my cabin letting me know Fun Ship dollars were applied to my account and if there was a note on the order form, that's included. I received one card for every redemption.

Archived