Help required on Brisbane tour

kingbri

Hello kingbri,

My wife and I have never been to the Australian Zoo, but on two different occasions, once in 2001 and again in 2010, we visited Lone Pine. Both times it was fabulous. You are able interact with the Kangaroos, Wallabies and Emu's and hand feed them. You can also hold a Koala and have your picture taken. When we went in 2010, we were able to watch a couple of sheep dogs herd some sheep into a small pen. It was actually a pretty neat show and quite interesting. There are displays there of lots of different types of animals and you can entertain yourself's for several hours. I'm sure the zoo is quite nice also and next time we are in Australia we will visit there. Enjoy your time in Australia.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. If you would like to do it on your own, you have three options:

Option 1: City Cat Ferry ($4.60AUD/pp)

Departure from: Bretts Wharf (10 Minute Walk from Cruise Ship)

Arrive South Bank 2: 6 Minute Walk to Miramar Cruise Dock

Arrive Regatta: 30-40 Minute Bus Ride to Lone Pine

Option 2: Mirimar Boat Cruise

Departs Cultural Center Pontoon @ 10am (Boarding at 9:30am)

Cost of Miramar Cruise: $25AUD (One Way Cruise Only)

Cost of Cruise (Round Trip + Entrance): $60AUD

Option 3: Bus

Bus # 430 and 445 both go from Regatta directly to Lone Pine and back

We choose Option #1.

If you would like to see a review of our day there, check out our blog post from that day: http://www.thenextjourney.com/2011/09/brisbane-koalas-kangaroos-and-wombats-oh-my/

Here's another vote for Lone Pine. We were there in March and loved it. DH and I holding a koala, named Finn, will be our holiday picture this year. We took a van from the ship to the sanctuary, spent all morning there, and then took a public bus into downtown Brisbane for lunch and a pleasant walk about. We took the City Cat boat back to our ship, docked at Brett's Wharf. It was one of our favorite days on a six week trip.

Harriet

Archived