How cheap are the last minute deals and are there decent cabins available???

Hi, can anyone tell me how good the deals are if you leave it till say 6 weeks before on Thomsons for oct / nov .

I used to work as a TA and remember some really cheap deals for winter on Egypt itinerarys but you price so many that i cant remember.

Just wondered if anyone often left it this late to book and if so can you still get a decent cabin ( promenade deck outside or near) and can you get all inc fairly cheap or included free etc and some rough ideas on type of prices to expect, thanks !! ;)

Hi, can anyone tell me how good the deals are if you leave it till say 6 weeks before on Thomsons for oct / nov .

I used to work as a TA and remember some really cheap deals for winter on Egypt itinerarys but you price so many that i cant remember.

Just wondered if anyone often left it this late to book and if so can you still get a decent cabin ( promenade deck outside or near) and can you get all inc fairly cheap or included free etc and some rough ideas on type of prices to expect, thanks !! ;)

The free all inc is only available for a short period, and the same with the low prices, we got free all inc when booking in janand it was £207 last month

Hi, my daughter and her husband went to egypt on the celebration. (cruise only) from marmaris. they booked on the 12th of may and sailed 14th may. the price was £402 each, deck 8

Hi, my daughter and her husband went to egypt on the celebration. (cruise only) from marmaris. they booked on the 12th of may and sailed 14th may. the price was £402 each, deck 8

sorry forgot to say it was one week cruise

We almost always book around 5 weeks before which suits us when the prices are a bit lower. They had a good deal on the Dream last time with an outside plus upgrade for £56, we then phoned and chose our cabin. Most of the ones we wanted on our list were already gone but we got one only 3 cabins away. We don't drink a lot so AI is not as important to us as others. We're quite happy with that and have noticed that the prices usually go up again closer to departure and tend to disappear altogether with a few days to go so booking the day before is not an option. Of course you have to be flexible and prepared to change tack if necessary.:):)

Jan

hi im watching the prices for september but they dont seem to be coming down at all :mad:

Much, much too early. You'll have to wait until around 5 weeks or so before sailing and then check twice a day as they change the prices upward near weekend then down again. Also, always check the price of cabin upgrades as they go up and down like a fiddlers elbow and you have to be on the ball to get what you want. If you see something you like grab it quick.:):)

Jan

We almost always book around 5 weeks before which suits us when the prices are a bit lower. They had a good deal on the Dream last time with an outside plus upgrade for £56, we then phoned and chose our cabin. Most of the ones we wanted on our list were already gone but we got one only 3 cabins away. We don't drink a lot so AI is not as important to us as others. We're quite happy with that and have noticed that the prices usually go up again closer to departure and tend to disappear altogether with a few days to go so booking the day before is not an option. Of course you have to be flexible and prepared to change tack if necessary.:):)

Jan

It is if you phone Thomsons direct. I know that a couple booked a cruise on the morning of the departure day!

It is if you phone Thomsons direct. I know that a couple booked a cruise on the morning of the departure day!

Interesting to know that Dave, thanks.:)

Jan

A relative is an avid internet cruise price checker - he maintains that round about 6 weeks before sailing is the optimum time to look for dropping prices, much the same as advice above.

Also, the perceived wisdom of several on this forum is not to book at weekends.

Thanks for all the comments, we have booked for July but not Thomsons im afraid , we booked RCI, Brilliance of the seas 10 day Fjords out of Amsterdam.

Just couldnt see anything with Thomsons to compare pricewise.

Could have had 2 weeks on P&O Oriana , Fjords etc for £699 outside cabin !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bargain but as the reason we were looking to book was because we had had to cancel our P&O Caribbean cruise for November as the date was now not suitable and lost £627 !!!! just because P&O would not allow a second change to the booking EVEN WITH ANOTHER £100 ADMIN FEE as it is their rule ...one change only so we had to cancel and lose all that money.

Was so angry i couldnt book the bargain cruise on principle.

Also with the RCI cruise we can fly from Humberside half an hour away like you can with Thompson so really stress free ( i hope!!)

Just hope we like RCI, bit worried about the drinks costs on board but never mind , you only live once.

Thanks everyone . :D

Just a quick update, the 2 weeks we were offered with P&O for 699 turned out to be one week for 599, the TA got a bit mixed up so now not feeling like ive missed out at all ! Quite happy but think would have been happier with Thomsons but we'l see what RCI is like and sure we will have a fab time. We're booked on the dream for 2013 so looking forward to that .

Archived