a commitment to elegance

tumeroll

Of course they can wear jeans/shorts etc while in the kiddie room or outside during deck activites.

No jeans/shorts during meals (in any room).

Michael

I agree. Kids should look nice at dinner, but then, I think they should on ANY ship, not just Cunard ;-) During the day, while kids are off being kids, they can certainly be comfortable and kid-casual.

I see no reason at all for kids to be dressed to the nines like Little Lord Fauntleroys all day, every day.

Karen/CupCaked

Based on this morning's replies, I am quite comfortable that we've hit the mark squarely and that our boy's luggage will carry the right mix of attire for them. I just needed a reference point.

Children should be allowed to be children while being taught how to respond to social occasions. You wouldn't believe how many times people arrive at our home for holidays and celebrations with their dirty sneakers, t-shirts and poorly worn jeans...

An ealier posting told that I had cancelled my 2006 cruise on QE2 after just completing a 12 day trip ending last Saturday. I will not bore you with all the grisly details but had to reply to the posting re " They will not leave without your"

I booked my flight and hotel through Cunard, there was no one at airpport to meet me, a call to the so called Cunard rep, revealed it was a agency , that no one from the agency ever goes to airport, they rely on the driver of the transport to do that.

I was told to "get a cab , get a receipt for what you pay, and send it to Cunard"

Although my paper work said there would be Cunard rep at the hotel, there was no one there, and the next day I was told that to get to Southhampton, I should wait in the lobby and listen for a driver of a van to call my name. "around 1pm"

So do not rely on Cunard to honour their contract, even though you have paid for the deal.

Concerning dress, as written Cunard has sold cruises in the UK at very low prices, and the standard of dress on my cruise was "not up to code" ,on informal nights I saw men and women dressed as though going to McD's. As for the behaviour, 75% of the passengers, were of the "lets have a booze-up"type especially in the Golden Lion Pub.

Jimsgirl,

Which QE2 cruise were you on and what did you dislike about QE2, enough to cancel a cruise in 2006?

I quite agree with your frustration & anger re the transfer & Cunard rep at your Hotel.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Over the last 40 years the American way of life has been dumbed down in so very many ways. As we get richer we seem to want to dress more like the homeless than the prosperous.

The Queens are among the last of the elegant ships still sailing. Let's all make a commitment to dress in the most elegant fashion at all times when aboard and in port. Sailing on the Queens is a privilage even if one has to pay for it and let us all try to retain the glory of years gone by.

This quote -after all is said and done- says it all... We have become a nation of slobs, folks. Casual, no. Slobs, yes. I know you can't get away with saying such things. God forbid, Americans have their rights, blah, blah, blah....I'm tired of having people show up at every event (expensive restaurants, funerals, classical concerts, weddings, etc.) dressing like farmhands.

People can't bite the bullet and dress decently for a 6 day crossing, or for the duration of a cruise ?????

It's called dignity and decorum....does anyone want to have someone belch and pick their nose at their table in the Queen's Grill ????

"It's called dignity and decorum....does anyone want to have someone belch and pick their nose at their table in the Queen's Grill ????"

Transatlantic Tom

Tom:

Just for the record... We steerage folks in the Britannia and Princess Grills wouldn't stand for these behaviors either! ;) Hopefully such personal rituals will be relegated to the privacy of everyone's WC.

Dan:

I'm a QE2 regular (haven't been aboard QM2 yet), and actually I've only been in the Mauretania restaurant, not the higher category Caronia restaurant or any of the three Grill restaurants....so i guess that I'm in the same group of "steerage" as you are, Dan, and -yes- I think that all of us are entitled to dignity, decorum, elegance, etc., but I think that I 'll never be able to persuade many of the CC posters.

Cheers !!

Tom

Archived