Walk off?

Does anyone know if there is a specific time that you can just walkoff the ship on disembarkation or can you just go as you please?

Depends on the ship and what time you arrive but basically you can walk off as soon as the whole ship has cleared immigration. Sometimes this is earlier than other times. You must be able to bring all your luggage with you. On our recent Star cruise arriving in Tampa we got in line to get off the ship around 7AM this was in one of the lounges, by 8h20 or so we were off.

We were sitting at our gate at the airport at 9h15AM.

Does anyone know if there is a specific time that you can just walkoff the ship on disembarkation or can you just go as you please?

There are specific times which you pick. If you carry your own luggage off, you leave first around 7:30am. If your luggage is taken off for you, you pick colored luggage tags with the time you would like to disembark. Luggage is sorted in the terminal accourding to the colored tags.

I'm trying to decide which is better to do. I don't really like the idea of having everything packed the night before but being the first to get off just means we have to sit around the port until our transfer picks us up at 9am. Decisions, decisions!

I'm trying to decide which is better to do. I don't really like the idea of having everything packed the night before but being the first to get off just means we have to sit around the port until our transfer picks us up at 9am. Decisions, decisions!

Unless you are leaving on an early flight I think you are best to pack your stuff the night before and get off the ship when you need to. The morning rush is not worth it if you don't need to be off that early.

If you choose the "Easy Walk Off Disembarkation", you do NOT have to get off the ship first thing. The time is up to you. Here's what the disembarkation instruction sheet said from my Gem sailing in January:

"Disembark at your leisure anytime between 9:00am and the last call (hours may change due to local clearance procedures)."

The 9:00am is indicated because that's the approximate time that our sailing was expecting to begin disembarkation.

So, if you want, you can spend an extra hour or two enjoying the ship (e.g., having a nice leisurely breakfast) before disembarking.

If you choose the "Easy Walk Off Disembarkation", you do NOT have to get off the ship first thing. The time is up to you. Here's what the disembarkation instruction sheet said from my Gem sailing in January:

"Disembark at your leisure anytime between 9:00am and the last call (hours may change due to local clearance procedures)."

The 9:00am is indicated because that's the approximate time that our sailing was expecting to begin disembarkation.

So, if you want, you can spend an extra hour or two enjoying the ship (e.g., having a nice leisurely breakfast) before disembarking.

This would be ideal.

We was on the Jade in April. We docked at 8am and decided to walk off with our luggage. We had to vacate the cabin at 9am but had until 10am to disembark the ship. We piled our cases into a quiet corner in the buffet and enjoyed a leisurely, if sad, last breakfast :( Wanted to stay on and do it all again!!:)

We was on the Jade in April. We docked at 8am and decided to walk off with our luggage. We had to vacate the cabin at 9am but had until 10am to disembark the ship. We piled our cases into a quiet corner in the buffet and enjoyed a leisurely, if sad, last breakfast :( Wanted to stay on and do it all again!!:)

Thanks. Sounds like we will be ok then.

Archived