Off the Island Activities

azndo4life

This would be our 3rd time going to cozumel and the times before we have gone to the beach. The beaches are nice and would do them again but we are looking at the possiblity of doing something off the island. Has anyone gone to playa del carmen, are the beaches different/nicer? I know there is tulum on the main island but that seems like a long day just to get there. How long is the ferry ride to the main island? and how much? Thanks in advance! Feel free to write anyother activites you think we should do in cozumel or on the main island

Beaches in PDC are about the same as those in Coz -- there's a few more European tourists there so you might see some without tops :eek: Far more German grandmothers than members of the Swedish bikini team choose this option. :rolleyes:

The ferry ride takes about 45 minutes and sometimes the seas can be rough, leaving many of the passengers a little green around the gills :o

Here's a link with some schedule and ferry terminal info: http://www.cozumel-tours.com/cozumel-ferry-schedule.htm

Good luck! :)

WE cruised to PDC (actually Calica but PDC was just a few miles away) and absolutely loved the beaches. They were softer sand and no shells to step on like you find in Coz. From our beach in PDC we could see across to Coz.

WE cruised to PDC (actually Calica but PDC was just a few miles away) and absolutely loved the beaches. They were softer sand and no shells to step on like you find in Coz. From our beach in PDC we could see across to Coz.

What beaches do you recommend at PDC? Any entrance fees?

What beaches do you recommend at PDC? Any entrance fees?

We just used the beaches near where the ferry comes in. I think we sat mostly in front of Senor Frogs. I walked way down the beach in both directions and don't think there were any entrance fees that I remember. There is a great shopping area right off the beach also near the ferry. I've never ridden the ferry from Coz but I've heard it can be rough at times. I really wish that Carnival would continue cruising to PDC but since they pulled out of Mobile I don't think they go there any more. Here are a few pics.

2101865190_212(800x600).jpg.e7ae685e5d1198bf457f5ad0ed1a79a0.jpg

1207317090_242(640x480).jpg.95a58bc800c2d51a2dc946eeb8024a59.jpg

202126132_246(640x480).jpg.b5eeb924130319a34932d9738fb20408.jpg

328147427_236(800x600).jpg.3d825d3bc99cfb96206eff32ede6a4ef.jpg

953724594_245(800x600).jpg.4d01e9af974c2e6a5bb9b15550856357.jpg

Archived