HELP!Getting from Dawn to JFK

Terri68

We are scheduled to get into the port of NY at 10:00am. We booked a 2:30pm flight. Now we are in a panic that we will not make our flight. What do you think?

Last cruise we went on we managed to change the time of our flight at no cost by just showing up at the airport and asking. Does this still ever happen? Thanks!

Most of the time 2:30 will be no problem...but on occassion the ship is late or someone doesn't report who should. kennedy is about one hour and $40-50 dollars from the NYShip terminal. Some airlines don't charge some do...I believe you can pre reserve a super shuttle blue van for 15-20 pp...

We are scheduled to get into the port of NY at 10:00am. We booked a 2:30pm flight. Now we are in a panic that we will not make our flight. What do you think?

Last cruise we went on we managed to change the time of our flight at no cost by just showing up at the airport and asking. Does this still ever happen? Thanks!

I have been booking air travel for VIP's at my office for years. Yes, airlines still allow you to fly "stand-by" for earlier flights for free. The only time you incur a fee is if you actually change your flight reservation (typically a minimum $100 change fee for most airlines). Since your flight is soon (albeit 4 1/2 hours) after docking, you'll likely be in a priority group to disembark. Also, keep in mind that the next cruise lists embarkation at 2:00 p.m. NCL will do everything they can to get pax off as quickly as possible. Also, although the itinerary states that you'll be in port around 10:00, I have seen many times that the Dawn arrives earlier (as early as 8:30 in some cases). I wouldn't worry too much. You'll probably be just fine. If you're still concerned, when you get on board and are at sea, simply go to the Pursur's desk and make an inquiry about your specific disembarkation time.

Happy Sailing!

A couple of nights before we came back into Philly last week on the Crown, a paper was sent to all the rooms explaining early disembarkation. They gave you special tags to use but you had to take all your own luggage off yourself. If you can do this, then you might want to explore this option more. They also had 1st priority tags that were given to people that had a flight that left before a certain time (on our ship it was 1pm but we were docked in Philly at 7am, so because of your later dock time, they might extend the time of the leaving flights)

Also, they had a shuttle bus in Philly $20 pp and it took you to the airport. Look into this once you are on the ship, see if they have one going to JFK...might be worth it. They would probably know at Reception or the Shore Excursion desk.

Hope this helps!!

*~Pamela~*

If you are planning to hail your own cab--which you should--DO NOT LINE UP ON THE RAMP WITH EVERYONE ELSE. You may miss your flight.

Rather, simply leave the terminal at street level, go across the avenue, and hail a cab on your own. I promise you'll be in a cab between 30 and 60 SECONDS.

I have done this five times from NY, and neverwaiting more than a minute for my own cab.

A friend didn't believe me and waited nearly 1 1/2 hours for his cab when he disembarked during the summer, and it wasn't even on a weekend when several ships come in.

Archived