sensation grand suite extended balcony

schreader

There are 4 of us girls sailing october 7th on the sensation. We booked early saver and have adjoining balcony rooms. For the same price we could move to one grand suite extended balcony room. Is it worth giving up the extra bathroom. We are never in the room we are always on the balcony. What do you think? The suite would be 115 square feet verses 80 square feet.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If you meant that the *Balcony* sizes were 115sf vs. 80sf, I think you're a bit off. The GS with extended balcony is 115sf, but the largest balcony cabin only has a 55sf balcony (not 80sf).

Personally, I'd stick with two rooms. You can open up the balcony partition and have a total of 110sf of balcony space, vs. 115sf with the suite. Overall, you'll have more space in two cabins than you would in one suite.

It basically comes down to two bathrooms vs. priority embarkation/debarkation. I'd prefer the second bathroom, but I guess that's what you need to decide.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If you meant that the *Balcony* sizes were 115sf vs. 80sf, I think you're a bit off. The GS with extended balcony is 115sf, but the largest balcony cabin only has a 55sf balcony (not 80sf).

Personally, I'd stick with two rooms. You can open up the balcony partition and have a total of 110sf of balcony space, vs. 115sf with the suite. Overall, you'll have more space in two cabins than you would in one suite.

It basically comes down to two bathrooms vs. priority embarkation/debarkation. I'd prefer the second bathroom, but I guess that's what you need to decide.

My pvp said that the balconies are 40sq feet so opened 80sq feet.

where is the GRAND suite on this ship? according to the "feedback here

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSensation/fp/index.htm the grand suite does not have the same extended balcony.

this is a grand suite on Elation- sister to sensation

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSensation/fp/index.htm

scroll down to 231 and thare are photos of balconies there

There are 4 of us girls sailing october 7th on the sensation. We booked early saver and have adjoining balcony rooms. For the same price we could move to one grand suite extended balcony room. Is it worth giving up the extra bathroom. We are never in the room we are always on the balcony. What do you think? The suite would be 115 square feet verses 80 square feet.

Grand Suite with Large Balcony

Category: GS

400 square feet total

Stateroom

330 square feet

Balcony

70 square feet

Window

5 1/2'W x 4'H

Grand Suite with Extended Balcony

Category: ES

Note: Sensation, Ecstasy and Fascination only

445 - square feet total

Stateroom

330 square feet

Balcony

115 square feet

Window

5 1/2'W x 4'H

Stateroom with Standard Balcony

Categories: 8A-8D

Note: Sensation, Ecstasy and Fascination only

220 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Balcony

35 square feet

Window

4'W x 4'H

something to consider:

if you are side by side-- and the balcony door blocks a balcony door to the cabin--the divider will NOT be able to be opened. (its a safety issue)

look at the bottom row of this link-- you would want the 2nd / 3rd cabin fom the left in order the have the divder opened

taking the first two on the right-- the divider will not be opened.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSensation/fp/index.htm

notice too the dividers opened sit at the railing which will block the view from one of the balconies

Last year 3 of us shared a suite on the destiny. One bathroom was not an issue. Has anyone stayed in one of the grand suite extended balconies with 4 people? Did it seem cramped?

No..I have not. Here is the website for the dimensions for the Destiny.

People put 4 people in a standard size of 185sq. ft...so I would not think this would be an issue for the Grand ..:)

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DE_StateroomDimensions.htm

I'd keep 2 balconies. Friends (especially 4) don't realize what personal characteristics come out as roommates. This happened to someone and her "close friend", they weren't so close as they thought they were. The problem might be as simple as time hogged in the bathroom to the T.V. on. Better keep the number down per cabin. Travelling with 4 from one family is different than 4 friends (you can't yell at them!).

I have done 4 Sensation Girls trips with connecting balconies on Main and then another in the GSEB so I can give you some first hand info.

As long as you are POSITIVE (be sure...some do, some don't) you have the kind of balconies that the divider can be opened, you'll have one long balcony with an opened door against the ship wall. It's really nice and you have a wonderful advantage of being able to go into only one cabin and simply pass via balcony from room to room. Each balcony has two chairs and a small table. So, in short, your "oceanside" frontage would be longer, but shallower. You can lean back and put feet on the balcony glass.

However, the GSEB is enormous and for your group, I would say a realy fun splurge. First, there is a living area for the cocktail hour, great conversation, a small fridge and plenty of walkabout space when the fold out is put away. The balcony itself it very deep with a lounge chair and two regular chairs plus two tables. There were 4 of us out there with plenty of room to face eaach other. So, less "frontage" but a deeper, more squarish space. The GSEB has lots more to offer than just the balcony. It has more "community" space. We played cards, had wine, etc. Your group would also get VIP boarding and debarkation.

Other considerations though would be that with two rooms, you get 4 beds instead of pull out sofa/cot. For some, this can be a deal breaker. Also, there is the bathroom issue. This always comes up but that has never been an issue for my group, even when we had 5 in an OV because several of us took our clothes up when we went to the gym and showered there. Bigger showers, better towels, etc.

I hope this helps you out.

Last thing I will add is that Upper Deck, where the GS and GSEB are has fabulous service. There are fewer cabins in that area and the people assigned to the suites seemed to give us better all around service, perhaps because they didn't have as many cabins, not sure. Could have just been luck. The halls don't have as much traffic, again because of the number of people being less.

If beds and bathrooms ARE a big issue, consider getting the GSEB plus on Interior across the hall and simply have all keys coded for the suite so all ladies can come and go.

Good luck!

No..I have not. Here is the website for the dimensions for the Destiny.

People put 4 people in a standard size of 185sq. ft...so I would not think this would be an issue for the Grand ..:)

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DE_StateroomDimensions.htm

I don't think it's a question of being cramped with 4 in a GS. I've done 5 in a 185sf inside and it was just fine. The question is whether two balcony cabins with the extra bathroom would be more desireable.

And to the OP - the balconies on a Balcony cabin are either 35sf or 55sf. You PVP was mistaken if she said 40sf.

Archived