Question about Senior Discounts

Rachel83706

I am taking a cruise with my Mom next Summer (to Alaska). We are a group cruise, but I wanted a 9B cabin and the cheapest rate would be to book a Early Saver rate and not a group rate (I am still confused about that ... especially when I emailed Carnival to get my booking number and they said I had to contact my TA because it shows I am booked with a group :confused:)

Anyway, I was just wondering if I (I mean my Mom) would also be eligible for a senior rate. (My TA asked if we were past guests but didn't ask if either of us were seniors.) Or is the Early Saver the best rate?

The early saver rate is probably the best rate at this point (this far in advance of the cruise). Senior fares aren't offered on every cruise, and from what I have seen they start offering them when they're trying to fill the ship. The Alaska cruises are very popular so you probably won't see a senior rate at all. If they do ever offer one it would probably be close to the sailing date, at which time you could put in for a price reduction since you're on early saver. I was booked almost a year in advance for Alaska and never saw a senior rate offered. Since you're booked with a TA, everything has to go through the TA. Nancy

Archived