What are the "must knows" for 1st timers?

I cannot imagine your 4 kids (unless they are teens) would do very well with the later time. Most people with children take the first seating which is nice for the adults eating on the second seating! LOL I have 5 of my own so I am well aware of what a late dinner can cause.

With the early dinning, you can still make a show or movie and get them to bed at a somewhat decent hour.

If you want to try and chage it, try and get it done ASAP as there will be others in line trying to switch tables and times too. Also, late seating fills up first so it is harder to get switched TO than FROM - especially a party of 6.

Thanks herewego! My concern now is running late after being in port and not making it to the early seating. But yes, your reasons were exactly why we chose the early seating when we booked. Our girls are 11 and 12 and our boys are 7 and 8. (We were busy for a few years..lol). They're usually pretty well behaved and are soooooo excited. They boys were just telling me, "MOM, one week from right now, we'll be on the SHIP!"

Thanks again for your response!

Please let me know how things go on your cruise. I, too, have a teenage son and I'd like to take him to Alaska in May, 2006. Am concerned about his not having a friend along - however, he makes friends very easily.

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Enjoy!!!!

Myrtle

Hi! Instead of bringing your address book to send out those postcards....you could print out labels of everyone's address and pack that instead...it could save you some space. Hope this helps! Have a great vacation!:rolleyes:

Archived