Need Help Hurry!

I currently am booked on Carnival Freedom on deck 7 (empress) inside cabin mid ship approx 185 sq feet.

For $50 more I could move to an oceanview on deck 1 (riviera) 220 sq ft.

What one would you recommend for first time cruiser?

Thanks,

Is the Oceanview worth it? Yes for me...as I would prefer a window versus none. But some of the questions you have to ask yourself are:

Do I get seasick ( car or airsick)? if so then you should stay midship. Do I want to be closer to the activities by being on deck 7 vs going up more stairs or elevators to get from deck Riviera. Would *I do it YES absolutely. But you have to decide for yourself if you want the extra money to spend on DODs or a cabin with a window.

I'd bet that the oceanview they are offering is WAY toward the bow. If that's the case, and if your current cabin is more mid-ship, I'd recommend that you stay where you are. You won't notice much difference in the square footage of the cabin, but the cabins on a low deck, and WAY toward the front of the ship, can be quite noisy when underway. (You'll hear the waves hitting the hull of the ship.) Hope this helps, and I know you'll have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

I currently am booked on Carnival Freedom on deck 7 (empress) inside cabin mid ship approx 185 sq feet.

For $50 more I could move to an oceanview on deck 1 (riviera) 220 sq ft.

What one would you recommend for first time cruiser?

Thanks,

You are on a good deck for being able to get up top to the lido quicker, but the OV's are larger. It really depends on what you want to do. I personally go with what's the cheapest, but having a window is nice too. It really depends on if you want to hike up 10 flights of stairs or 3-4. I hope that helps! lol

Both are mid ship.

I have no idea if I will be seasick - but will take meds anyway.

What are DOD's?

txs

If both are midship, then I'd go for it. DOD is "Drink of the Day". :cool:

"SKY"

For me and my DW, we prefer inside cabins. Not saying we wouldn't take an OV or balcony if there was no price difference, but we truly aren't in our cabins at all and DW doesn't care for having a view of the ocean and I don't care for it being so low on the ship. The Empress deck midship inside cabins are one of the best locations on the Freedom (next to Penthouse Suites). You need your cabin for sleeping, and that area is buffered on the top and bottom with other cabins (no chair scraping, kitchen, atrium, etc.) I'd keep it if the upgrade was free let alone a $50 upsell, but that is me, everyone is different.

You have to figure on a 7 day cruise, if you have 4 port stops, that is 4 days where you'll probably be out of your cabin 2/3's of the day, with the exception of getting freshened up for the night on the ship. The first night you certainly aren't staying in the cabin. The sea days you may lounge in the cabin some, but still you'll be on the lido deck or partaking in activities on the ship. Cabin type is very overrated . . . I put more stock in location on the ship.

The two rooms are:

Inside 7304 (currently booked)

Ocean view 1382 or 1418 or 1427 ($50 more)

Opinions?

Also how many DOD's does $50 get you?

Thanks,

I'd stay put, you are smack in the middle across from the penthouse cabins, where they have the best cabin stewards assigned, (though they are all pretty good). This is probably one of the best locations on the ship as far as inside cabins are concerned.

1382 is a connecting room, don't know if that bothers you but it certainly is midship. The other 2 are more towards the aft and you may hear more noises.

As far as the DOD, with gratuities, you can probably get about 8 of them with $50.

Archived