Seattle Logging question

usaspire

Hi, we will be spending couple of days in Seattle after our cruise. Here are the places we are really interested in checking out. It seems as if everything is pretty spread out in Seattle. So what area/hotel would be a good options for us. We are not planning on renting a car and was hoping to just use Public transportation

Boeing Tour

S. Center - Space Needle

Original Starbuck

Bill gates house

South- Museum of flight

I think your going to need car if you plan on doing the Boeing Tour, it's up in Everett, it's about 35 miles North of Seattle. I wouldn't waste my time going to the Original Starbuck's or Bill Gates house, all you'll see there is the front gate.

The Museum of Flight is well worth the time. We've been there many times

They are opening a new car museum in Tacoma on June 2nd. It's about 35 miles South of Seattle

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/ It might be interesting for some.

Hi, we will be spending couple of days in Seattle after our cruise. Here are the places we are really interested in checking out. It seems as if everything is pretty spread out in Seattle. So what area/hotel would be a good options for us. We are not planning on renting a car and was hoping to just use Public transportation

Boeing Tour

S. Center - Space Needle

Original Starbuck

Bill gates house

South- Museum of flight

You actually can get up to Everett for the Boeing tour without renting a car, if you're willing to do a bus tour. Grayline does one. Although, for two adults, a rental car might actually be cheaper! Getting up there by public transportation would be challenging, and long--I wouldn't recommend it.

There isn't a whole lot to the original Starbucks, it's true (other than a long line!) However, it's located in the middle of Pike Place Market, and that's a sight I highly recommend. It really is the heart of Seattle--lots of history, lots of great local food, lots of local color.

The best view you can get of Bill Gates' house is probably from the water. I've seen it from that angle, and you do get some sense of how enormous it is--it looked more like a community college campus to me than a house! And you're missing some of it, because a good bit is underground. Argosy Cruises does a lake tour that looks like it will get you close enough to get a look.

If you decide to rent a car, your options are wider for where to stay. Hotels at the airport tend to be cheaper than downtown, and many offer free parking for guests. It's about half an hour's drive from there into downtown, and a bit over an hour up to Everett for the Boeing tour, depending on traffic. If you have two days, I would consider staying near the airport and renting a car for one day to do things outside the downtown core (Boeing tour, Museum of Flight, Bill Gates' house if you really want to see the gates from the street side). Then return the car, and take the light rail into downtown for a day of sightseeing on public transportation. Another option with a rental car would be staying somewhere around Seattle Center, where hotels cost less than downtown, and some have free parking for guests. I wouldn't stay right downtown with a car, or try to drive to the central-city sights (Seattle Center, Pike Place Market, South Lake Union for the Argosy lake tour, etc.)--parking is very expensive, and often tough to find.

Archived