Medano Beach in Cabo

LAdad

Going to Medano Beach for the first time in June.

Based on reviews posted here, I will take our family (with young children) probably to Baja Cantina and just eat and drink laying on their lounge chairs and then ride the banana boats and swim. No drinking games/ bikini contests sought... but as long as they are not toooo crazy...:D

I've been looking for a map of the different bars/ restaurants/ resorts on Medano Beach but have had no luck.

I thought about asking around on the pier for a water taxi to give us an informal tour of the Medano beach and tell us about the different places.

Anyone have a link to share for a map?

Any other suggestions for a family with kids at Medano Beach?

The whole length of the beach is very short and easily walkable. With kids I agree that Baja Cantina is a good place. So are Medano Beach Club; Sand Bar and Tabascos. It is about a 10 minute walk from Baja Cantina which is the closest to town and Tabascos which is the furthest.

No need for a tour. Just walk along the beach until you see a place you like!

How do you get there from the ship's pier?

Water taxi for two or three dollars per person, or combine it with a ride out to the arch and it will cost about 7 or 8 dollars per person. The water taxi will let you off at Medano, but you will probably get wet when you jump off.

You can also get a regular taxi for about ten dollars.

Water taxi for two or three dollars per person, or combine it with a ride out to the arch and it will cost about 7 or 8 dollars per person. The water taxi will let you off at Medano, but you will probably get wet when you jump off.

You can also get a regular taxi for about ten dollars.

Can you tell me more about the arch?

I assume the water taxis take you and drop you and you have to find another one to take you back for the same price/

What about the glass bottom boats? I heard they will come back for you?

Can you tell me more about the arch?

I assume the water taxis take you and drop you and you have to find another one to take you back for the same price/

What about the glass bottom boats? I heard they will come back for you?

The Arch or El Arco is the natural rock formation shaped like an arch that Cabo is famous for. You cannot get off there as there is no beach but it is something to see if you haven't been there before. Right next to it is Lover's Beach a very small beach where you could get off and stay for awhile but there are no amenites at all there except for perhaps a local selling beer from a cooler.

To get to Medano Beach, the main beach in Cabo you could walk along the marina (about a 30-40 minute walk) you can take a water taxi ($3 per person each way but you have to get off and then back on the boat in a foot or 2 of water) or a regular taxi which is $10.

The glass bottom boats ARE the water taxis and yes it is the same $3 to get back to the pier. They will be lined up at the beach waiting to take people back so there is no need to have the same one come back for you.

• 2 weeks later...

We just spent a day at Tabasco's and had a great time. The food was good, can't comment on the drinks as we don't drink. We took my 2 year old grandson and had a lot of fun. The jet ski, banana boat rides, and beach massage tent were right next door as well.

If it were me, I would take a Panga (water taxi) to the Arch, and then on to Tabascos. (Keep in mind that you will have to step off in ankle/knee deep water.) Enjoy the beach and beverages, then take a short walk out thorugh the sand to the dirt parking lot, and catch a land cab (about $10). That way, you will get to see some of Cabo (in the cab) that you would otherwise miss! Before getting into the cab though, make sure how much they will charge! The folks in Cabo are wonderful, but the cab drivers are bandits! I believe that the current "published" cab rates from Tabasco's to the docks is $2pp, or a minumun of $10....so two people would be $10us, 8 people would be $16us.

Archived