Honeymoon pic's on cruise

Hey,

We're doing the last part of our honeymoon on the Caribbean Princess sailing on October 1st, 2005. Is there any chance we'd be able to convince the photographer to take an hour of his/her time and take pictures of us in various locations on the ship with *our* digital camera? I know they like to push their own camera/printing/"system" but it doesn't make sense when you have a digital camera.

And if the ship photographer says no, what other options do we have? We're getting married in Fort Lauderdale with our family and don't see the point in spending $300-$500 on cruise photos but aren't against spending $100 if its on our own camera so I can do what I want with them afterwards.

Thanks!

i am going to guess they won't go for that, for all the reasons you've identified.....BUT you could perhaps befriend a tablemate who looks steady handed to do the same. I realize it wouldn't be a professional, but it would be something, and save the expense of the professional.

Are you meaning in wedding attire or just around the ship on the honeymoon? just curious.

In my experience, most people are really good about taking photos for you if you ask. One of my FAVORITE shots from our last cruise was from a total stranger taking a snapshot of FH and I standing on a rock on Grand Cayman with a ship behind us (not our ship, but it was a great shot). Totally random luck that it turned out well, but you could try this technique. with digital you at least know right away if they are good.

Hey,

Thanks for the honest response. I think we just want to have our pictures taken in casual-dinner type dress. Maybe we'll meet someone or a cool ship employee could sneak the time in. :)

Hello,

I have actually asked this question of my wedding coordinator. Even though I am having the wedding on board and the photographer for some time on the wedding day. I asked if we could arrange for some shots on another day after the wedding as our "honeymoon" pictures. Unfortunately they said no. However, my wedding coordinator did let me know that I may be able to talk with one of the photographers say on like formal night and arrange something. She said it would be a long shot, however, no harm in asking. Otherwise, we are going to see if some of our sailing friends or family would mind.

Good luck, I think you have a great idea and hope it works out for you.

Night

Shelly

Archived