5/13-5/20 Carnival Conquest to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel Review w/ Pics

wbc12345

• 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed your great review...thanks for the food photos...and the Balcony Cabin photos, or maybe we should say the Verandah Stateroom Photos...you two looked very happy...though we think living in the state with the best food in the country might have something to do with being happy, too.

Noticed the 12345 in your Cruise Critic name...When our neighbor has finished roasting a whole pig...some of the guys help him slice it...12345 is what they say each time they do a big slice...Think it's counting fingers? :)

newdestination -- Hopefully the next time I sail there will be a better system with the comedy club. I can't wait to get back to Grand Cayman. I can't wait to spend a week there instead of just one day!

Lejardin -- We really did have the BEST time. It was one of my biggest fears that the weather would be bad and I'd be bored out of my mind. That wasn't the case at all! Now I just want to do this itinerary again and hope for better weather. At least it wasn't a hurricane!

cruiseclues -- Thank you for saying such sweet things! We really had the best time. I'm so thankful to be able to go on these vacations. They really make the best memories.

Rosebud5t -- You're welcome! I'm so glad that you found it enjoyable. :)

Loved the review. We cruise July 15th and I am just about ready!

Won't be long now! I watched the Conquest pull out of New Orleans today. The next time it pulls out we will be on it!

conniejb -- I am so jealous you're leaving this week! The anticipation that week is part of the fun of cruising for me. Are you on the same itinerary? I hope you have the best cruise... It looks like the weather is going to be nice. Have fun! :D

Like everyone else...GREAT review. We sail on the Conquest with the same ports except in reverse on July 22. I think I am going to enjoy the 2 sea days at the end better. My son is diving for the first time in Cozumel, so that practically takes our day there, as he does not return until 1. Any suggestions for a short afternoon? We have been to Coz many times but always discover something new each time. In GC, we have already done stingrays and snorkeling, any advice there? Do you remember if there was any snorkeling close in GC. We are thinking of AI at Seawinds or Doctor Cove's Beach. Lastly, we have never docked at MB (we have at Ochio Rios and done the Falls). I have read a lot of things are the safest at MB so I am open for ideas. Introduction...I am Debbie, 47 and my son is Matthew, 22 this wil be our 10th cruise with Carnival. So excited, we are going platinum!:)

a+teacher -- I totally agree with you that the reverse itinerary will be much better. When we get on the ship we're so excited and those three days before ports kind of drag on... but then at the end of the trip it's so high paced with all the ports then one day to relax before they kick you off. I would definitely like to do all the ports at the beginning and then have two full days to relax at the end.

If I only had an afternoon in Cozumel (and I remember Cozumel being a short day...) then I would go to one of the restaurants in the port area close to the ship and enjoy myself there. I know they also do parasailing which doesn't take too long and you could easily do that in an afternoon.

For Grand Cayman, I'd do anything that had water involved. I didn't think the port area was anything special so I would definitely plan on an activity. 7 mile beach is a short taxi ride from the port, but while we were there the tour guide explained that there was a terrible accident on the highway going to 7 mile beach and it was blocking many passengers from getting back to the boat. As a consequence we left MANY passengers in GC that day. So just make sure you leave plenty of time for the taxi to navigate through any unforeseen circumstances!

I really loved MB... it was so beautiful and we really had a fun time. I'm partial to encouraging people to do the sail and then to margaritaville, but I would also just take the bus to Doctor's Cove beach and then finish at margaritaville. The snorkeling wasn't much to write home about but being on the boat sailing in the pretty water was really fun.

Congrats on going platinum and hope you have the best time!

Loved your review. We are planning on going on the Conquest October of 2013. Crazy question, where did you find the Guy Harvey shirt? Were they at lots of stores or one in particular? My husband loves his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived