Has anyone else received this postcard from "NCL"?

lola4795

I'm probably going to file this under the category of "If it seems too good to be true...."

I received a postcard today with the NCL logo all over it. It says:

Dear XXXX,

In celebration of our Grand Opening in your area, you have been selected to receive a 8 Day Cruise for 2, leaving from a major port in the U.S.

Call within 48 hours. Will will also receive as a bonus a: 2 round trip airfares leaving from or going to any major airport in the continental U.S.!

There is also some fine print that mentions that this is not sponsored by or affiliated to NCL, but they are a major supplier.

What is the catch here? It claims not to be a time share. I'm doubtful. Has anyone else ever received anything like this? Did you call? What was the deal?

Not exactly a SCAM but does go into the dubious category. Most of these are travel agency's trying to get you to "sign up" for a FREE trip. Often the FIRST thing you have to do is to send them $$'s. In my case, they wanted $75 to 'start' the process. Of course, I hung up.

As anyone with half a brain understands, anytime they ask you for $'s, it's probably not to your benefit. Others said that they had paid those fees and then the travel restrictions made booking anything impossible so they were essentially out the $75 plus the hard feelings that they had been "taken".

I have seen others talk about this same situation. You will probably have to join some kind of travel group or listen to some presentation.

Yes you get the cruise for free (if you can meet their dates) however it will say you are responsible for taxes and port charges. A few months ago, the person said they ended up paying almost 700.00 for this free cruise in taxes and charges. If you went to the cruise lines website, you would find that taxes and fees for that same cruise were only $178.00 per person. So somewhere someone was making a few bucks.

Best to just throw it away

I got a post card very much like yours, if not exact. I called about it, and they want you to listen to their sales pitch for about an hr, they split you up, and put added pressure on each of you. They are selling vacation options if my memory serves me right. We almost took the bait, but back out. You don't save anything in my estimation.;)

I'm probably going to file this under the category of "If it seems too good to be true...."

Dear XXXX,

In celebration of our Grand Opening in your area, you have been selected to receive a 8 Day Cruise for 2, leaving from a major port in the U.S.

Call within 48 hours. Will will also receive as a bonus a: 2 round trip airfares leaving from or going to any major airport in the continental U.S.!

There is also some fine print that mentions that this is not sponsored by or affiliated to NCL, but they are a major supplier.

What is the catch here? It claims not to be a time share. I'm doubtful. Has anyone else ever received anything like this? Did you call? What was the deal?

Yes I got the same thing but it is not from NCL. I put it in the recycle.

Dear XXXX,

A Travel co. trying to get you to sign up $$ only through them, I checked this out my self. The sales pitch at your "free dinner" is like a time share pitch FYI NCL does not do 8 day cruises :eek:

I got one also. I called them up and found out it was for a vacation company. You sit through a 90 min presentation, and then get a "free" cruise. You have to pay the taxes and fess up front, and then get your cruise later. I did a google search on them, and they had been involved with the BBB multiple times. People had complained of paying th efees, only to find that the cruise was "sold out" and couldn't get the fees back, etc.

I called NCL and told them about it, since the post card only had NCL on it.

Jack

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

Thank you for sharing your concerns and bringing this matter to our attention. We are aware of the pieces that guests have been receiving and encourage everyone to disregard them as they are false claims and are not sponsored by Norwegian. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, our legal team has been notified and is researching the situation.

Best Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

Thank you for sharing your concerns and bringing this matter to our attention. We are aware of the pieces that guests have been receiving and encourage everyone to disregard them as they are false claims and are not sponsored by Norwegian. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, our legal team has been notified and is researching the situation.

Best Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Thank you NCL this is a very valuable post.

Archived