Teen Clubs on the Allure

I may be going on a cruise with my friend who is 14. I am 17. We would be in different age groups. Is there any chance they would move her up to the one I'm in since we are travelling together. We would be cruising in July and her birthday is in November. Thanks!

I may be going on a cruise with my friend who is 14. I am 17. We would be in different age groups. Is there any chance they would move her up to the one I'm in since we are travelling together. We would be cruising in July and her birthday is in November. Thanks!

We have travelled with our friends in the past who have children just a little below our children's ages.

They have NOT allowed them to go into the clubs outside of their age group. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask though.

Our kids have always been able to make the best of it though. They would go in and make friends and then a lot of times they would just walk about the ship and not spend a lot of time in the club since they could not do it together.

Have a GREAT cruise.

Tigers2425

Lori

on a disney cruise my daughter was just almost to the age group above her actual age. my son was in the higher age group. I went and talked to them and they allowed her to go to the other age group. It may need to be a parent to go talk to them in the teen club/group.

I'm not sure if Allure is set up differently, but on Jewel, all the teens were in the same space and could theoretically participate in all the same events and hang out together. My own teens were 14 and 17 and did everything together. Most of the younger teens 12-14 hung out in the club, the older ones met and wandered the ship, but it was their choice.

It is much looser for teens than for say younger groups. Trying to move a 8 yo to the 11 yo group would be practically impossible. But from what I'm reading about the teen club on Allure ( we are going in April) it's the sameness Jewel...very loose and all teens can participate in any of the activities without "separation" or not!

Hopefully someone who has sailed with teens on Allure will confirm, but my experience on other ships and my research leads me to think you'll be fine!

The big problem is 18... If a teen is 18 they have a much harder time being allowed in the teen club.

Thanks! We are deff Gunna ask because for the parties at night I don't wanna be separated from her. Otherwise we prob won't worry activity wise :)

What you will find is that the teen Compass will break things down by 12-14 and 15-17, but the actual activities are very loose and sometimes both compasses actually list the same event for both age groups ( such as scavenger hunts and teen disco nights).

Not sure if this is true on Allure where there are more kids, but on most other ships there is only one " leader" coordinating activities for both groups of teens anyway, so its literally not seperated! You may find some nights, if not enough kids show for an activity they just don't do it at all. So no worries at all, you and your pal will have no problems doing the same things at night!

My kids were 14/16 last year on Allure and they would NOT letthe 14 yo move up.

Nancy, were there separate spaces for these age groups?? Or would they not let 14 yo participate in activities "advertised" as only for 15-17? I'm just wondering because this is so different from other Royal ships.

It probably wont matter for us, we will have an 18 yo anyway, so both girls have no plans to spend time in the teen center anyway. But, other places I've read the teens on these ships are usually together if anything is run as planned at all.(heard a lot of stuff just gets cancelled) Just wondering where your refusal came? Was it when you checked in? Maybe it happens more during summer or school breaks when there are bigger crowds of kids?

• 1 month later...

Don't worry about this! I went on Monarch of the Seas in Feb. What the counselors do is the first night they have a list of all the teens on the ship and their ages (so you can't lie), and they give you a sticker to put on your SeaPass card with your age group. The only time the separated us was for dodgeball (they didn't want 17 year old boys pegging dodgeballs at 12 year old girls) and the dances at night.

I'm 14 (15 in two weeks) and the friends I had made were 15-16, so they were in the older group. I talked to the counselors and asked if I could be moved up to the older group, and they just watched that night to make sure that I was, I guess "mature" enough to be with the older kids and gave me the sticker for the 15-17 group. For the dances, they usually have the 12-14 dance first, than the 15-17 dance. They announce on the PA speaker in the teen club for whichever age group was dancing at a different time to leave, and they checked your SeaPass card for the age stickers.

Switching groups really depends on the amount of kids, at least that's what my counselors told me. If there are a ton of kids, which you'll probably get going on a big ship in the summer, than they might not let you switch. My advice: tell them the truth; you want to be with your friend, be completely honest, and really friendly, and they'll probably let you go.

Good luck and have fun :)

Archived