May have messed up on Future Cruise Certificate????

wmjrdn4ever

Have sucessfully used Future Cruise Certificates on all of our Carnival cruises (except the first of course!).

This evening I booked a 8 night Valor cruise sailing September 15, 2012 online like I have all the other cruises.

However, I made a mistake and do not know how to fix it.

When I booked the cruise I paid in full instead of paying the deposit.

Is there any way to apply the $100 pre-paid deposit now that the cruise is paid in full?

I would call you PVP immediately and talk with them about this. They maybe be able to refund $100 back to your credit card and use the FCC towards the payment or they might add $100 more to your OBC. But only your PVP (or TA) can correct this issue. Good luck and happy cruising.

Is there any way to apply the $100 pre-paid deposit now that the cruise is paid in full?

Sure . . . make your cruise no longer "paid in full".

Have then arrange for pre-paid gratuities which will create a debit balance and then, Voila, you've got something to add the $100 to.

When this program was rolled out, I suggested that method to a passenger who was earlier told by CCL that he was SOL by accidentally paying in full. The Loyalty Team members were definitely not expecting my suggestion . . . which did totally work for the passenger. :)

I was also seriously requested not to suggest that to others in the future. I've told at least a dozen . . . and now a Baker's Dozen :D

The first 100 will be credit to the cc that was used to originally purchase the fcc and they will apply the 100 obc.....I would have tried don's suggestion about the prepaid tips.

Sure . . . make your cruise no longer "paid in full".

Have then arrange for pre-paid gratuities which will create a debit balance and then, Voila, you've got something to add the $100 to.

When this program was rolled out, I suggested that method to a passenger who was earlier told by CCL that he was SOL by accidentally paying in full. The Loyalty Team members were definitely not expecting my suggestion . . . which did totally work for the passenger. :)

I was also seriously requested not to suggest that to others in the future. I've told at least a dozen . . . and now a Baker's Dozen :D

I have been told repeatedly that I could not use a FCC on a cruise that I had already booked. I had only paid the deposit and the cruise was still a year away but was told by everyone I talked to, including John Heald, that it could only be used on a new cruise. But, what you are saying seems to be contrary to that???

I have been told repeatedly that I could not use a FCC on a cruise that I had already booked. I had only paid the deposit and the cruise was still a year away but was told by everyone I talked to, including John Heald, that it could only be used on a new cruise. But, what you are saying seems to be contrary to that???

The "not on something already booked" guideline occured after the initial program roll-out, and is definitely being more enforced now than it was for several years (100% of mine were used on past-booked sailings, but that's been a while now)

In this instance, for the OP, the booking was hours before posting here on CC . . . so a (hopefully) different situation altogether.

"John Heald said" has certainly taken on a new meaning recently, and I'll choose to just let that go without further editorial.

I have purchases and used FCC in the past. On my cruise last week, I went to the cruise talk they hold on board (more to find out about the new ships and itineraries). They were very specific in noting that the FCC could not be used on previously booked cruises. So I think they are trying to get the word out.

Also in answer to the original question, my most recent cruise last week I booked a pack and go rate that had to be paid in full at purchase. As previously stated, my original $100'was credited to my credit card.

I just did the same thing for our cruise last week...paid it in full when I booked it. I had forgotten all about out FCC I had. About month out I mailed it in and used the cooking number for our paid-in-full cruise. About a week later I saw a 100$ credit on my credit card from carnival and then when I went to check my docs online the other 100$ was already posted there.

Just an update in case anyone is slightly interested. The FCC went through in one day with an email back from Carnival showing the lower prices and the $100 onboard credit.

Credit card was credited the $100 value on Tuesday.

The online Carnival info still shows no onboard credit and no change in cruise pricing, but am not so worried about that as I have the email and the credit card billing is accurate.

Simpler than I thought it would be!

Have done it many times. Booked the cruise and then a week or weeks later sent in the FCC and no problem.

Have done it many times. Booked the cruise and then a week or weeks later sent in the FCC and no problem.

Arrrrgh!!! :( I was just on the Spirit and was going to buy some to apply to my B2B Liberty cruises I have booked for April 2013. I first thought I would check it out if that was possible and as I mentioned was told that it was NOT possible by more than 1 person! including my PVP. So, I didn't buy them! I figured I would pick some up when on the Liberty and make sure I didn't book another cruise until I had them!

Archived