VIFP Consolidated Listing of Rewards

larrymeador

I will be on my 4th cruise with Carnival this summer and previously I was gold but will not have 24 nights yet, does this mean I am now red?

Thanks

that is one of the Million dollar q's...by what some read on here you cannot get demoted, but that may only apply to those very close to the 25 days. We have only had 2 5 day's, so we are only up to 10, but have Gold as well.

I think we will have to wait for the official word....

You are already gold as you have been on more than 1 cruise under the old plan. You will not be demoted to red from gold, you will stay gold since you are at 24 days prior to embarkation.

That is unless under the new plan you have to already be at 25 when you embark and you get demoted to red for 1 day or until the next cruise. This one is on the edge of what we know and what they will reveal on June 11.

I have heard the only people grandfathered to their current level are platinum, everyone else will either be gold or red, depending on their number of days.

Now, as far as if it is number of days BEFORE that sailing or during, I am not sure.

You are already gold as you have been on more than 1 cruise under the old plan. You will not be demoted to red from gold, you will stay gold since you are at 24 days prior to embarkation.

That is unless under the new plan you have to already be at 25 when you embark and you get demoted to red for 1 day or until the next cruise. This one is on the edge of what we know and what they will reveal on June 11.

I have heard the only people grandfathered to their current level are platinum, everyone else will either be gold or red, depending on their number of days.

Now, as far as if it is number of days BEFORE that sailing or during, I am not sure.

Thanks guys. :)

Yep, I'm just waiting it out for the official detail announcement too, I just get curious. LOL :D

I'm not counting on anything. I personally believe that I will have a RED card on my Dream cruise in August. (3 cruises completed, 1 booked, 19 cruise days)

If I am wrong it will be a bonus. The only thing I would be missing is the past guest party. I normally just drink 1 drink at that, so I will just get my 1 free drink in the MDR at lunch.

Maggie

Thank you for the comprehensive list. I could not read the colored one on the other thread - too small!

Carnival - If you are reading (which I'm pretty sure you are) Please, please, please allow us the level's benefits on the cruise in which we currently hit that level, as you do now. The fact is, if one is waiting to be gold, such as the cases above, and they "hit" day 25 on the first day - they have qualified for gold and should get the benefits, which frankly are not a whole lot anyway.

We will be 24 days from 75 after our 7th cruise in planned this July. As it is, We will need at least 4 seven day cruises, as opposed to the 3 we need under the current program. At the very least, we should become Platinum on the cruise when 75 is finally met.

I currently have five cruises with 31 days ( 3 _ 7 day and 2_5 day.) I currently have two cruises booked this summer for a total of 13 more days which will give me 44. I would have only had to take three more cruises to gain platinum. Now I have to take probably five more cruises to gain platinum. Now I have introduced many more people to Carnival, four couples who have cruised with us but that really doesn't count for anything.

I have to say that I have been a huge Carnival cheerleader in the past but with all the cutbacks ( the fun farewell party, cappuccino in the dining room, etc.) And the fact that they want me to take two extra cruises to gain platinum, I am thinking about trying other lines out for 2013. I really don't care about the perks but I seriously feel that Carnival is not showing the love to it's passengers anymore. The things that I used to tell people to get them to sail with us just aren't there anymore to make it appealing and fun for someone who has never cruised.

Hope I am wrong but bet that the free drink at punchliner brunch is a cappucino that used to be free.

Wouldnt that be a kick in the _____

I think you should ask the butcher. He will know.

I love Carnival. Great service & Great staff. you will still make Plat. fairly soon. Ride it out.

I currently have five cruises with 31 days ( 3 _ 7 day and 2_5 day.) I currently have two cruises booked this summer for a total of 13 more days which will give me 44. I would have only had to take three more cruises to gain platinum. Now I have to take probably five more cruises to gain platinum. Now I have introduced many more people to Carnival, four couples who have cruised with us but that really doesn't count for anything.

I have to say that I have been a huge Carnival cheerleader in the past but with all the cutbacks ( the fun farewell party, cappuccino in the dining room, etc.) And the fact that they want me to take two extra cruises to gain platinum, I am thinking about trying other lines out for 2013. I really don't care about the perks but I seriously feel that Carnival is not showing the love to it's passengers anymore. The things that I used to tell people to get them to sail with us just aren't there anymore to make it appealing and fun for someone who has never cruised.

Thanks for the breakdown....

Having been Platinum for three cruises now.. my question is about Laundry.

Both DH and I are Platinum. Are the 3 bags on a 7 day per ROOM or per GUEST? If per guest, than it is not a big deal for us... three for him, three for me!!

Someone asked about the Video game token perk. My boys have 9 cruises... and they are not going with us on our upcoming Anniversary cruise (sorry boys! .. not!!) We may book a short cruise for them next April so they can get their Platinum status... and the thing that excites them the most? The stinkin Five Bucks!! :D

Overall, I still think the Platinum perks are great... we use the Laundry, the Dedicated Line at Guest Services and the Priority Tendering. We always had fun during the slot tourney. When reading everything here.. does anything give me the WOW factor? No, not at all.. but we are grateful for what is offered.

Catrin

3 per guest. you are good. Platinum ourselves. NO complaints. Carnival still offers great value.

Both DH and I are Platinum. Are the 3 bags on a 7 day per ROOM or per GUEST? If per guest, than it is not a big deal for us... three for him, three for me!!

Someone asked about the Video game token perk. My boys have 9 cruises... and they are not going with us on our upcoming Anniversary cruise (sorry boys! .. not!!) We may book a short cruise for them next April so they can get their Platinum status... and the thing that excites them the most? The stinkin Five Bucks!! :D

Overall, I still think the Platinum perks are great... we use the Laundry, the Dedicated Line at Guest Services and the Priority Tendering. We always had fun during the slot tourney. When reading everything here.. does anything give me the WOW factor? No, not at all.. but we are grateful for what is offered.

Catrin

Catrin

I only use the dedicated line at guest services when I am in a hurry and the other line is super long. I don't feel right "cutting" in front of people. The priority boarding is a different story

Just had an idea...

Quite a few posters have mentioned that they have supported Carnival by introducing new guests. Perhaps Carnival would considering rewarding the referring guest 1 day for each brand new Carnival Cruiser.

It would be very simple. Prior to sailing, the "new" guest would submit the guest number of the "past" guest to Carnival. The point would be rewarded after the cruise is sailed.

Thoughts???

Quick question regarding the number of cruises......

We currently have 9 and will be sailing my 10th in November.

On 2 previous cruises we have booked 2 cabins....One for adults and one for kids. These cabins had seperate booking#s but paid for by me.

Should we have received credit for 2 cruises or still just the 1?

Thanks!

So looks like since I am already gold I will not be getting the pin....although it can also be read that "upon entry" meaning that everyone is entering this new gold VIFP club.....therefore I should get the pin on my next cruise....I won't hold my breath for it though

I have a question because I keep getting confused with the milestone vs diamond tier. Several comments I've seen leave the impression that milestone is losing out somehow with the new plan. I thought that under the existing plan that the highest you could be was platinum except for milestone cruises, 25th, 50th, etc. Also I thought you only got the white card on the milestone cruise. What was I missing from the current program? And yes, I understand that the milestone program remains in place. :confused:

Presently, you get a white card which reads "Milestone Rewards" for the 25th cruise and following. The word "Platinum" appears no where on the card.

I know it is a small thing in the big picture, but "Priority Dining" is a downgrade from "Guaranteed Dining" times. "Unlimited wash and fold service" is now downgraded to two or three bags, depending on the length of the cruise.

I don't know how many Milestone cruisers Carnival has, but I have read that the number is around 3,150. Carnival has disclosed that only four cruisers have reached 100 cruises. When you consider there are thousands of past guests and 6-8 ships in the fleet which do not have seven day itineraries, it is not asking much that those with 25 or more cruises be included in the Diamond status, several of whom are also CCL stockholders. They also have loyalty to the brand, even if they have "only" 130 plus days at sea.

Presently, you get a white card which reads "Milestone Rewards" for the 25th cruise and following. The word "Platinum" appears no where on the card.

I know it is a small thing in the big picture, but "Priority Dining" is a downgrade from "Guaranteed Dining" times. "Unlimited wash and fold service" is now downgraded to two or three bags, depending on the length of the cruise.

I don't know how many Milestone cruisers Carnival has, but I have read that the number is around 3,150. Carnival has disclosed that only four cruisers have reached 100 cruises. When you consider there are thousands of past guests and 6-8 ships in the fleet which do not have seven day itineraries, it is not asking much that those with 25 or more cruises be included in the Diamond status, several of whom are also CCL stockholders. They also have loyalty to the brand, even if they have "only" 130 plus days at sea.

Do you know how many of the 3150 will be diamond?

On 2 previous cruises we have booked 2 cabins....One for adults and one for kids. These cabins had seperate booking#s but paid for by me.

Thanks!

You should get credit for the 1 cruise, as you sailed once each time. Same rule would apply if you sailed and paid for everyones room on the cruise.

Thanks!

Each person is credited for the cruise they took regardless of the booking number.

Archived