Port of Baltimore Hotels

Andie272

We are cruising end of August on the Pride.

I need to book a hotel, where I can park my car for the week and get a shuttle to and from the port.

The 3 hotels I am looking at are:

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Baltimore Cruiseport

DAYS INN GLEN BURNIE CRUISEPORT, Baltimore Cruiseport Airport

RODEWAY INN BALTIMORE , Baltimore Cruiseport

Has anybody stayed in any of these? Were they clean? How was the shuttle service? Anything I need to know?

Thank you in advance. I also posted this on the East Coast Depart. Board, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

We haven't stayed at any of the hotels that you mention, however we stayed in a great hotel in Baltimore:

Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh

8477 Cordon Way,

Baltimore, Maryland 21236 USA

Phone: 1-410-933-9797 Fax: 1-410-933-9799

They offered free shuttle to the Port (back in 2009, unsure if there is a cost now) and back to the hotel once you return.

Our car was safely parked and we had no issues. Our room was great - large and clean. :)

Enjoy your trip on the Pride !

Also check www.stay123.com. There are hotels listed with free parking and shuttles to the port. Great prices also.

Thank you, that is where I got the 3 listed above. They were equally priced and names that I know and hope I can trust. I will check Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh also.

I need to book a hotel, where I can park my car for the week and get a shuttle to and from the port.

Has anybody stayed in any of these? Were they clean? How was the shuttle service? Anything I need to know?

quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel, was OK...BUT...The return shuttle was a nightmare!!! Never mind the first shuttle was 60 min late to begin with...

They are totally aware that they are unable to handle the volume of return cruisers:mad: He (The Gen. Mgr) told me so!:eek:

Yet, nothing like wrecking a great post-cruise feeling, watching your return shuttle bypass you repeatedly, even with advance notice to the hotel.

Ended up hailing a cab $40:mad::mad: So much for free shuttle service.

When confronting the mgr, he simply wanted me to be sympathetic to HIS problem of not enough shuttle capacity....Really since when that's MY problem?!!!!

After over 15 cruises, I've never had a a hotel mgr willing to deal with the line of unhappy returning cruisers, since they've already paid...

Refused to reimburse, of course, just thought I try:confused:...Honestly, I would have settled for an apology, instead, only a lame attempt at self-justification for lack of service!

Find another stay!

Mike

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore Airport West in Hanover. Hotel was nice, easy to find, clean rooms, good breakfast. Shuttle there was on time. On the return the driver did NOT check who had an actual reservation and just started loading bags on the back of anyone that shoved their way to the front. We were the first ones standing there but in the end, my two children had to sit on the floor of the van as there were no seats left.

We are currently booked at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie for our cruise in December. Because of what we've read about shuttles in general, and our experience, we are prepared to have to get a taxi back to the hotel to get our car. I think if we go into it with that plan B, it shouldn't be a shock if that's what happens.

Mike which one did you stay in? You don't say in your post. Thanks for the feedback though.

Sorry Andrea,

I just edited it...It was DAYS INN GLEN BURNIE CRUISEPORT, Baltimore Cruiseport Airport.

Taxi $40 from Port to Hotel

Happy cruising!

Mike

I know you were looking for a place to park and stay but we stay at they Hampton Inn Camden Yards. Parking was $25 for the night. We are paying $200 for a suite (we are a family of 5) And that includes a hot breakfast (waffles, eggs etc). It has an indoor pool and a short walk to the inner harbor. A short drive to the port where parking is $15 per day. If the Orioles are home you can catch a game too. It is directly across the street. Very nice and clean too.

Thank you in advance. I also posted this on the East Coast Depart. Board, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

Hi! We stayed at the best western conference center.We got there 2 nights before our cruise. We had hot breakfast in the morning free internet room wich we could use.They also have a pool and a gym. The shuttle service to the port and back was awsome, on time both ways.

They also offer the shuttle into the inner harbour the night before u cruise.

I admit i was worried about my car there for the week, but it was there and had no problems when we returned. We will be staying there again this trip.

Archived