facilities on Grand Case Beach

merlin217

Hi,

We're considering going to Grand Case instead of Orient. I know there's plenty of shopping and restaurants in the town, but does the beach have bars as well as chairs for rent? Anyone have favorite areas of the beach to go to?

Thanks.

My favorite spot on Grand Case Beach is Calmos Cafe.

th_DSCN5501.jpg

(click) (Several more photos in that album)

Karysa, my friend here at Cruise Critic, would probably opt for Grand Case Beach Club and the Sunset Cafe.

th_DSCN2932.jpg

I haven't eaten at Sunset, but here's what I had at Calmos on one visit. Try their special sauce on the Mahi Mahi. :)

th_PA230009.jpg

gary

Petite Plage is one of the two beaches at the Grand Case Beach Club. Creole Rock watersports offers beach chair and umbrella rentals here and food and drinks can be purchased at the Sunset Cafe. It is a beautiful and relaxing way to spend a day at the beach.

Calmos looks like a fun spot. My DH loves the Mahi Mahi at Chesterfields and if it is on their lunch menu I will keep it in mind for our next trip.

Yes, Mahi Mahi at lunchtime at Calmos. They usually have at least a couple choices of fish.

Also, check out this photo from their website.

gary

Yes, Mahi Mahi at lunchtime at Calmos. They usually have at least a couple choices of fish.

Also, check out this photo from their website.

gary

Cool photo. Looks like a great spot for lunch on the beach. Gary, Do you happen to know a day of the week that they don't have excursions coming at lunchtime?

Thanks.:)

The only scheduled visits that I am aware of are boats from the Golden Eagle / Quality Time trips on Tuesdays and Fridays.

They also run the Too Rhum Punch, which we have seen there, but it was probably a charter.

I'd stop by and ask or just give them a call, but we've always had problems calling French-side from Dutch.

gary

The only scheduled visits that I am aware of are boats from the Golden Eagle / Quality Time trips on Tuesdays and Fridays.

They also run the Too Rhum Punch, which we have seen there, but it was probably a charter.

I'd stop by and ask or just give them a call, but we've always had problems calling French-side from Dutch.

gary

Good to know. Thanks.:)

• 1 month later...
Do we book a day pass or do we just show up on the day we're in port?

Petite Plage beach in Grand Case has a public beach access path just past the Grand Case Beach Club. You are not permitted on the grounds at the GCBC and there are signs letting you know where you are not welcome. The Sunset Cafe and Creole Rock Watersports are accessible from Petite Plage beach and you are most welcome at both of these places.

http://www.snorkel-trips-sxm.com/ is the Creole Rock watersports website and info re:pprices and facilities can be found on this site

(sorry, not sure how the sticking out tongue symbol got there and not sure how to remove it) :)

Petite Plage beach in Grand Case has a public beach access path just past the Grand Case Beach Club. You are not permitted on the grounds at the GCBC and there are signs letting you know where you are not welcome. The Sunset Cafe and Creole Rock Watersports are accessible from Petite Plage beach and you are most welcome at both of these places.

www.snorkel-trips-sxm.com/ is the Creole Rock watersports website and info re:pprices and facilities can be found on this site

(sorry, not sure how the sticking out tongue symbol got there and not sure how to remove it) :)

Thanks for the info!!

PS--that's ok, I'll stick mine out right back at ya! :p:D:)

Archived