Another travel insurance ?

Is anyone familiar with the Allianz plans? ( on insuremytrip )

I am not sure which is better? Basic or classic?

$1800 cruise

7 days mexico

Myself ( 37 ) and a 13 yr old

NO pre-existing conditions..

Not worried about cancelling.. I am going unless I kick the bucket the day before.

MAINLY concerned about medical ( because my insurance through work doesnt cover me outside of Arizona ) and evacuation..

help?

Is anyone familiar with the Allianz plans? ( on insuremytrip )

I am not sure which is better? Basic or classic?

$1800 cruise

7 days mexico

Myself ( 37 ) and a 13 yr old

NO pre-existing conditions..

Not worried about cancelling.. I am going unless I kick the bucket the day before.

MAINLY concerned about medical ( because my insurance through work doesnt cover me outside of Arizona ) and evacuation..

help?

I'd lean toward the Classic has having higher coverages. Even if you feel you have no pre-existing conditions, try to purchase w/in 21 days of cruise deposit to get their "waiver of Pre-Existing conditions". See similar thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642887 .

I see you're traveling with a kid - you might want to check the Insurers that insure kids free with insured adult, including TravelInsured and some TravelEx.

ken

I'd lean toward the Classic has having higher coverages. Even if you feel you have no pre-existing conditions, try to purchase w/in 21 days of cruise deposit to get their "waiver of Pre-Existing conditions". See similar thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642887 .

I see you're traveling with a kid - you might want to check the Insurers that insure kids free with insured adult, including TravelInsured and some TravelEx.

ken

It was that other thread that got me thinking :-) Maybe I should have posted there...

I have been paid in full for months... so no such luck with the pre-existing clause..

ken

And thank you for that... I didn't know there were plans like that.. I will look into it !

Archived