GTY Cabin just assigned ???? on Dream

Tina0922

Hello All,

Just got our cabin assignment for next week on the Dream. I guess we did well with a GTY since we got cat 5A #10634 but I ususally book between cabin decks trying to avoid noise. OH well no matter what, will make do but have questions.

First off, is this location a 'noisy' one? It looks like it is right under the Arr-cade & possibly Cabana's. Anybody with info on this area of the ship would be great. I know I can't change cabins with the GTY but just want to prepare myself since I'm a lite sleeper! :)

Second, Is this a hot/cold part of the ship. In the past I've been on ships that temps go up/down as you walk down the halls.

Anything else reference this area of the ship would be wonderful. Thanks ahead of time for all your assistance.

Tina

I wouldn't worry about it or over think it. If you booked a GTY and got that nice of an upgrade you should just chill. If you are worried about noise, get a white noise machine and bring that along. That said, I have been on two DCL cruises and have never had noise issues or hot/cold issues in hallways.From your signature it looks like you have never cruised DCL before? You will love it, it really is a top notch experience.

DakotaDisneyLover: Thanks and yes first time Disney cruiser. Going with my mom & 2 nephews and we are ALL very excited about it. I know what to expect with the other lines thats why I ask for here. I know what ships I need my noise maker & lighter/heavier jackets & which ones I don't so this being all new to me I want to be prepared. I am a planner or some say 'over planner'. Oh well, thanks again.

Tina

• 2 months later...

Hi there, just saw your post as we were assigned the same cabin leaving next saturday and I am really concerned about the noise and being woken up at 5:30-6:00am by crew setting up so I have been trying to get more information... what was your experience? This is also my first Disney cruise (first cruise period, actually!), first vacation in 10 years, likely to be the last for a while, travelling alone with my 8 year old son, and cannot fathom a vacation without the possibility of sleeping in...

Hope you get to see this!!

I found two reviews of this cabin on the Dream from another site. Here is what was written:

This room was in a perfect location. We had the connecting room 10636 also. You go up 1 flight to go into Cabanas. Go down the stairs and you are at AP and the bar area. The stairs and elevators are right there. You cannot see the fireworks from the balcony. We did hear chairs moving around from the pool area but it wasn't enough to bother us. We booked these same rooms for a future cruise.

Great room location. Within a few doors of the aft elevators, yet not much "pedestrian" traffic noise. Easy walk upstairs to Cabanas. Didn't hear any noise from luggage delivery/removal even with luggage collectioin area nearby. Occasional noise after 11 pm from folks walking through Cabanas, easily addressed by turning on TV. Most noise night of Pirates party, louder music and more foot traffic, but not horrible. Great views of Castaway Cay beaches and Atlantis in Nassau. Nigel was great room attendant, too!

Hope this helps. You might want to get a white noise machine to help muffle sounds from the deck above, but overall it doesn't sound too bad.

Archived