Hiking in Livorno / Pisa / Naples

Cruise Leprechaun

Any picturesque hikes come to mind nearby to these port cities? Based on what we have planned we may have some free time on these port days and if the weather's nice I'd love to walk along some hiking trail and see some nature, in addition to the old churches and buildings we'll apparently see a lot of. Has anybody done any hiking in these ports? THanks.

Any picturesque hikes come to mind nearby to these port cities? Based on what we have planned we may have some free time on these port days and if the weather's nice I'd love to walk along some hiking trail and see some nature, in addition to the old churches and buildings we'll apparently see a lot of. Has anybody done any hiking in these ports? THanks.

Cinque Terre from Livorno

Livorno is an industrial port so not sure you would want to hang there,but you could take the train to Pisa or Lucca and hike around these places. I am guessing you do not want to go to Florence when you dock in Livorno.You can do lots of walking there as well,not just shopping/site seeing etc.Naples ia large city and I am not sure what they would offer for hiking per se. I would Google these areas with hiking in the search and see what comes up.

If you're going to be in Florence, you can take in some nice views of the city by walking up to Piazzale Michelangelo & back down again (allow about an hour in total). It's not a 'hike in the country' but it does take you off the beaten track for a while and away from the crowds - plus provides some great views & photo ops because of the elevation. Directions

Archived