Flying into Miami International Airport

caza1518

Hi, I'm not much of a poster on the boards but do enjoy reading all of the great information provided by others. Thank you :p.

I guess it is my turn to give back. I see occassional inquires posted on transportation services from MIA to POM and the Downtown area, and thought this information may be beneficial to those of you who fly into MIA. I live in Miami, and this article was posted in the El Nuevo Herald (Miami Spanish newspaper). If you would like to read the article in its entirety here is the link (sorry it's in spanish, but I've translated the important info. below) http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2012/05/25/1212393/metrorail-a-mia-empieza-a-funcionar.html

Metrorail line to Miami International Airport to be ready on July 28

On July 28th, a link between Metrorail and Miami International Airport (MIA) will begin operation every 10 minutes from Monday to Friday during rush hour, according to Miami-Dade County transportation authorities.

“This inauguration provides us with a new access to the airport,” said Ysela Llort, Director of Miami-Dade Transit (MDT), on Thursday. “It brings the downtown to the airport and this way Miami can join the ranks of the big leagues with a new alternative to reach the airport beside the freeway.

The announcement was made by Llort and by José Abreu, Director of the Department of Aviation of Miami-Dade, at the new Metrorail terminal at MIA.

Llort explained that passengers shall be able to carry luggage.

Likewise, beginning in 2014, a new passenger rail service shall link Miami to Orlando with stops in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.

Hope the information is useful.

Hi, I'm not much of a poster on the boards but do enjoy reading all of the great information provided by others. Thank you :p.

I guess it is my turn to give back. I see occassional inquires posted on transportation services from MIA to POM and the Downtown area, and thought this information may be beneficial to those of you who fly into MIA. I live in Miami, and this article was posted in the El Nuevo Herald (Miami Spanish newspaper). If you would like to read the article in its entirety here is the link (sorry it's in spanish, but I've translated the important info. below) http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2012/05/25/1212393/metrorail-a-mia-empieza-a-funcionar.html

Metrorail line to Miami International Airport to be ready on July 28

On July 28th, a link between Metrorail and Miami International Airport (MIA) will begin operation every 10 minutes from Monday to Friday during rush hour, according to Miami-Dade County transportation authorities.

“This inauguration provides us with a new access to the airport,” said Ysela Llort, Director of Miami-Dade Transit (MDT), on Thursday. “It brings the downtown to the airport and this way Miami can join the ranks of the big leagues with a new alternative to reach the airport beside the freeway.

The announcement was made by Llort and by José Abreu, Director of the Department of Aviation of Miami-Dade, at the new Metrorail terminal at MIA.

Llort explained that passengers shall be able to carry luggage.

Likewise, beginning in 2014, a new passenger rail service shall link Miami to Orlando with stops in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.

Hope the information is useful.

Info is much appreciated......but what about weekends -? Keep us posted

A million thanks.

Archived