Umbrella Stroller vs City Mini vs Snap n Go

mresera

I am going on a cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean with my 8-9 month old son. I am torn between an umbrella stroller (Maclaren Volo)- easy to pack, transport, etc- but I think my son will have difficulty sleeping in it, but it would definitely be the most convenient option. My son will probably sleep better in the City Mini. But it is big and bulky and not nearly as portable, although it does fold up nicely. I can bring my car seat with a snap n go which will be easiest for him to sleep in. It would be nice to travel with the car seat. But the down sides will be difficulty in storing it, my son often gets hot in it, especially in Southern Europe in June/July, and it isn't any smoother ride than the Volo and is even more bulky than the City Mini! Help! Any ideas?

Well, I'm just thinking about the terrain in Europe. I don't know for sure where your stops will be, but I'm willing to bet you'll deal with cobblestones and other uneven terrains. For me, that would rule out the snap n go and probably the umbrella (though Maclaren's are better than other umbrellas). Even though it is bulkier, I'd go with the City Mini. Baby Jogger strollers handle uneven terrain well and s/he may be able to sleep in it. Also, my 8 month old hates his car seat now - he wants to SEE. Babies at that age are so curious and he'll likely be highly entertained by the people, sights, etc.

Archived