Odd abt Guy's Burgers on the Glory

popsec

I was looking on Carnival's website at info about the Glory and the pic of Guy's Burger joint came up but according to the deck plan and 2.0 schedule it won't be on the Glory til Fall of this year.....I got all excited for nothing since I loved those burgers on the Liberty.....

I was looking on Carnival's website at info about the Glory and the pic of Guy's Burger joint came up but according to the deck plan and 2.0 schedule it won't be on the Glory til Fall of this year.....I got all excited for nothing since I loved those burgers on the Liberty.....

You know, Carnival's website is very misleading. You go to "The Fun Ships" and then find a particular ship, click on it, and it takes you to a page. You then see photos and start looking through them. The thing is, these are just generic photos and not specific to a particular ship. IMO, horrible web design and very misleading. The best way to see photos of the Glory is either Google or Youtube it, if you're interested in that. But no, no 2.0 upgrades on Glory yet.

You know, Carnival's website is very misleading. You go to "The Fun Ships" and then find a particular ship, click on it, and it takes you to a page. You then see photos and start looking through them. The thing is, these are just generic photos and not specific to a particular ship. IMO, horrible web design and very misleading. The best way to see photos of the Glory is either Google or Youtube it, if you're interested in that. But no, no 2.0 upgrades on Glory yet.

I agree. I booked before I found out this wasn't on the Ecstasy. I should've researched more before jumping the gun on this ship.

The Glory goes in for re-furbishment in October. You are going on her a couple months too early :o

Doesn't really bother me....they had all the 2.0 upgrades on the Liberty and the only thing that impressed me were Guy's burgers LOL

I got blasted for pointing that out once - but you're right - very misleading

Doesn't really bother me....they had all the 2.0 upgrades on the Liberty and the only thing that impressed me were Guy's burgers LOL

I agree the burgers were awesome. The tequila bar and rum bar was ok since what I prefer is in any bar on the ship :-) we lucked out and sailed the first week out of drydock.

I agree. I booked before I found out this wasn't on the Ecstasy. I should've researched more before jumping the gun on this ship.

If you follow this site, you'd have read a hundred times that the ONLY ship with Guys...is Liberty. It's a subject that has been repeated over and over:rolleyes:

If you follow this site, you'd have read a hundred times that the ONLY ship with Guys...is Liberty. It's a subject that has been repeated over and over

PLUS ....... if you follow this site , just another sarcastic comment.:p

If you follow this site, you'd have read a hundred times that the ONLY ship with Guys...is Liberty. It's a subject that has been repeated over and over

PLUS ....... if you follow this site , just another sarcastic comment.:p

No, it's REALITY:D It's a subject covered over and over.

RCL is exactly the same. You try to research a specific ship and you end up with generic information and photos of the fleet. Very misleading for a newbie.

I think that's one of the reasons CC is so popular, the lack of quality in the cruiseline's sites. And of course, answers given on CC for a particular ship are vetted by hundreds of views. Answers given by CSR's for the cruiselines are highly suspect.

If you follow this site, you'd have read a hundred times that the ONLY ship with Guys...is Liberty. It's a subject that has been repeated over and over:rolleyes:

really?....well maybe some people have the time to live on the CC site and know everything about everything....other folks perhaps not :p

Does it give you pleasure being rude?

really?....well maybe some people have the time to live on the CC site and know everything about everything....other folks perhaps not :p

Does it give you pleasure being rude?

Nope, but it is indeed a subject often discussed. It's not a matter of knowing everything. How long does it take to scroll a page or two, and voila, there's the answer? No, they'd rather take more time, post a question, wait for a response, check back again etc. when the answer is already at their fingertips (over and done with).

Nope, but it is indeed a subject often discussed. It's not a matter of knowing everything. How long does it take to scroll a page or two, and voila, there's the answer? No, they'd rather take more time, post a question, wait for a response, check back again etc. when the answer is already at their fingertips (over and done with).

Just a thought for you....since you know the ins and outs of CC, maybe you should know that you're wasting space in a thread with your rude comments. If CC isn't for gathering information, then it really has no purpose...except to give rude people a chance to make numerous rude posts whenever possible. For you, it appears CC serves a purpose. For those of us who enjoy chatting in a pleasant manner with other cruisers, it's getting more difficult :(

Just a thought for you....since you know the ins and outs of CC, maybe you should know that you're wasting space in a thread with your rude comments. If CC isn't for gathering information, then it really has no purpose...except to give rude people a chance to make numerous rude posts whenever possible. For you, it appears CC serves a purpose. For those of us who enjoy chatting in a pleasant manner with other cruisers, it's getting more difficult :(

I agree. I dont understand the need to come to a thread that "has been repeted over and over" to tell people its been repeated over and over. Dont click it on, move on.

I agree. I dont understand the need to come to a thread that "has been repeted over and over" to tell people its been repeated over and over. Dont click it on, move on.

Well said, I clicked because we are going on the Glory 11/25:) I guess we got lucky, fresh out of dry dock..

laugh.jpg

:)

Those of you that had the "guys burgers" on other ships.. Did they charge extra for that? I will be on the Glory Nov 25th.

I'll come on and answer that before "ruthless" comes on and slams you for not researching....No charge for Guy's burgers and they are amazing! I had one every day on our Liberty cruise and I'm not even a big fan of hamburgers. I got a regular hamburger on our cruise a couple weeks ago and what a let-down it was!!!

I got blasted for pointing that out once - but you're right - very misleading

I feel the same way about the way the spa amenities are initially presented. Valor doesn't have some of what I was hoping for. :(

Archived