Transportation From Hallendale to Port Everglades

tarheelmjfan

What are our options to get from Hallandale to PE? We have a place in Hallendale & could leave our car there. Is there public transit? Anyone know how much a taxi or car service would be? We'll have quite a bit of luggage, so public transportation may not be the best idea. We would consider it though. I'm trying to decide if it would be better/cheaper to leave our car in Hallendale or book a hotel with cruise parking privileges. TIA for the help. :)

I think a few have posted that a cab runs $30-40 from the Westin Diplomat area, not sure where you are in relation to that. GO shuttle advertises $13pp from FLL to Hollywood Beach, so maybe a couple bucks more to the port from down the beach a bit in the shared van. Private car is about $50 each way. You can get more specific info from them at http://www.floridalimo.com There's always the option to park at Park N Go for about $7 a day, and they shuttle you and your ample luggage from the car to the port (of course, you could drop your luggage at the ship before parking, as they are right outside the port gates). I wouldn't bother with the hotel if you have a place not that far away. You can park at park n go for a lot less than a hotel parking plan would cost, and you will find the png shuttle a lot more convenient than waiting for a hotel shuttle.

Public transportation is not an option. Depending on where you are staying you will most likely have to transfer 1 or 2 times, which means standing at the curb with luggage. When you get to the port you will either have to walk a few blocks or a mile or so depending on the terminal.

I think a few have posted that a cab runs $30-40 from the Westin Diplomat area, not sure where you are in relation to that. GO shuttle advertises $13pp from FLL to Hollywood Beach, so maybe a couple bucks more to the port from down the beach a bit in the shared van. Private car is about $50 each way. You can get more specific info from them at www.floridalimo.com There's always the option to park at Park N Go for about $7 a day, and they shuttle you and your ample luggage from the car to the port (of course, you could drop your luggage at the ship before parking, as they are right outside the port gates). I wouldn't bother with the hotel if you have a place not that far away. You can park at park n go for a lot less than a hotel parking plan would cost, and you will find the png shuttle a lot more convenient than waiting for a hotel shuttle.

Thanks for the help. :) We may go the Park-N-Go route. How would we drop our luggage then park? Do they allow you to park there long enough for the driver to get the luggage out & hand it off? I guess I'm used to airports that rush you out of the dropoff area. The private car sounds like another good option. We'll be on a 10 day cruise, so there won't be much difference in the price. I don't see an option on that site to price out a trip from Hallandale to the port & back. I guess I'll have to contact them for that info. Thanks again for all the help.

Public transportation is not an option. Depending on where you are staying you will most likely have to transfer 1 or 2 times, which means standing at the curb with luggage. When you get to the port you will either have to walk a few blocks or a mile or so depending on the terminal.

I had a feel public transportation wouldn't be a viable option, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for the reply.

The cab from the port to the Westin for us was $26 plus a tip. But we had a zippy driver! I'd figure up to $35 or so one way.

Thanks for the info. That's not bad. I was expecting transportation to be more expensive. It probably doesn't make sense to book a hotel, when we have our own place there. Shh.... don't tell DH he was right for a change. :p

Thanks for the help. :) We may go the Park-N-Go route. How would we drop our luggage then park? Do they allow you to park there long enough for the driver to get the luggage out & hand it off? I guess I'm used to airports that rush you out of the dropoff area. The private car sounds like another good option. We'll be on a 10 day cruise, so there won't be much difference in the price. I don't see an option on that site to price out a trip from Hallandale to the port & back. I guess I'll have to contact them for that info. Thanks again for all the help.

You just enter the port (have ID ready for security), pull up to the luggage drop area outside your particular terminal, pop the trunk and hand over the luggage (or they might even take it out for you). Make sure you give them a few bucks for the "luggage protection fee", otherwise called a tip LOL. You can't park for any longer than it takes to drop the luggage, just like an airport, just a quick stop and go. You also don't need to do this if you do Park n Go, as you can just as easily take your luggage from the car, into the shuttle van which meets you at the car, and then hand it over when the shuttle drops you off at the terminal.

Park n Go is just of Eller Dr at the end of I-595 (left at the lights), right before you reach the security checkpoint for the port. If you book online at http://offairportparking.com/portevg/, it's $5.99/day up until busy season starts again in November, when it goes back up to $6.99.

Regarding the car services, I just phoned them myself to get more exact info than what I found on their websites. I talked to the people at http://www.floridalimo.com and http://www.southfloridatransportation.com and ended up booking with the latter to get us back to West Palm Beach airport, as they had a better price on a stretch limo to surprise the kids. I found both to be quite pleasant to deal with.

Unless this is a very short cruise it will cheaper just to do round trip taxi than to park at or near the port or at a hotel. If it is a 4 nighter just do the most convenient thing and park at the port for $60.

Archived