What Do You Do Immediately After Embarkation?

Cheeky

LOL!!

That reminds me of my very first cruise. We went with quite a group! All of us were pretty 'gone' by the muster drill. As we sat there with life vests on, one of the girls started talking about the ship sinking and sharks in the water. She was so totally smashed. She started to panic and said, "if the sharks get me I hope they don't bite off chunks!"...and then she screamed (very loudly) "EAT ME WHOLE!!!"

I nearly wet myself.

The people at our muster station who were not drunk, were not amused. :eek:

(we were all very young then :o )

Omigosh...that is just TOO funny. My kids want to know what I'm laughing at...I've chosen not to tell. I always love the "not amused" people in situations like that. So serious. :rolleyes: I swear, I have NO idea really what's been said at a muster drill. Heaven forbid I'm on a ship and it goes down.

Well, it's either spend a bunch of money on drinks and food for moochin' friends or take a great Caribbean vacation with my husband. Uhhhh....I choose the cruise!! :D

First thing's first. I hit the first bar I see, introduce myself to the bartender, something along the lines of "Hi, my name is Kevin, I'll be your customer for the next 7 days, I drink Coors Light, so everytime you see me, make sure to stop me so that I can have a drink". I have a quick one, go drop my bags off, and come right back to the bar, they always remember me and stop me. Starts off the bartender/drunk guy relationship perfectly :D :D

First thing's first. I hit the first bar I see, introduce myself to the bartender, something along the lines of "Hi, my name is Kevin, I'll be your customer for the next 7 days, I drink Coors Light, so everytime you see me, make sure to stop me so that I can have a drink". I have a quick one, go drop my bags off, and come right back to the bar, they always remember me and stop me. Starts off the bartender/drunk guy relationship perfectly :D :D

I like that!! :D

First thing's first. I hit the first bar I see, introduce myself to the bartender, something along the lines of "Hi, my name is Kevin, I'll be your customer for the next 7 days, I drink Coors Light, so everytime you see me, make sure to stop me so that I can have a drink".

Do you tip the bartender extra at the end of the cruise?

Well no cruise starts without rum so I get a drink as fast as possible. Pathetic, I know but you fellow cruisers understand.... If the cabins are ready we go put away our carry-on. That has been known to lead to some furniture moving and other forms of exercise. (BTW, thanks for the tip on the bungee cords) Next we look over the excursions and get our reservation in. Then it's off to lunch and more rum.

DW usually stakes out a spot on deck and I get sent back to the cabin to get the life jackets. I took the first few musters seriously but not anymore. We explore (if it's a new ship) and have drinks until time for the drill. DW is rather claustrophobic so the combination of wearing the jacket and the crowded muster station about does her in. Amazingly, we found alcohol relieves her anxiety. Imagine that.... We now enjoy the drill much more.

After drill I take the jackets back to the cabin and we party away.

1. Drop off bags/check out the room

2. Check out the balcony

3. Wander around the ship to see whats what

4. On our last cruise, we stayed on our balcony for sailaway...this time we'll head up to say BON VOYAGE with everyone else

5. Order room service

6. Unpack

Since we have only been on one so far we dropped off the bags and checked the ship out. Had to get the layout and figure out where everything is. Then its back to the room to put everything away and back out to eat, drink and check out the pathetic suckers who have to watch us sail away!!! As far as "Adult time", isn't that what the balconies at night are for!!:D

I love drunk people during the muster drill, last year we had this tall stocky guy who had been hittin the bar all day (the Destiny doesn't sail till 10P.M) and the second we got in line he started sweating, five minutes in and it looked like he had swam to the ship. As the drill went on he was weaving more and more, i could barely contain my laughter because all i could picture was this guy goin down for the count wiping us all out like a row of Dominos.

I figure there isn't much too know during the muster drill, if the ship sinks you put on your life jacket and head for the boats. If basic survival insticts don't kick in you have alot more to worry about!!

Since we have only been on one so far we dropped off the bags and checked the ship out. Had to get the layout and figure out where everything is. Then its back to the room to put everything away and back out to eat, drink and check out the pathetic suckers who have to watch us sail away!!! As far as "Adult time", isn't that what the balconies at night are for!!:D

I love drunk people during the muster drill, last year we had this tall stocky guy who had been hittin the bar all day (the Destiny doesn't sail till 10P.M) and the second we got in line he started sweating, five minutes in and it looked like he had swam to the ship. As the drill went on he was weaving more and more, i could barely contain my laughter because all i could picture was this guy goin down for the count wiping us all out like a row of Dominos.

I figure there isn't much too know during the muster drill, if the ship sinks you put on your life jacket and head for the boats. If basic survival insticts don't kick in you have alot more to worry about!!

LMAO!! :D I love "free" entertainment"!

:) I have to remember that for my next cruise! Priceless! I'll have to get my bartender/drunk gal relationship off on the right foot! At the same time I'll have to introduce him to my 78 yr old mother (maybe HE can keep an eye on her?!) :confused: and my 21 yr old daughter (NO more drinks for HER because I'm not spending MY cruise holding her head while SHE's praying to the porcelain Gods!!!):eek:

The first thing I did on my first cruise last fall (Miracle-it was GREAT!) was grab the drink of the day and sit at the first available table in the Atrium to watch my fellow passengers embark! I LOVE to people watch! And doing it with my Fun ship Carnival drink in my hand is the best way to do it! I worry about visiting my cabin later...

My wife and I go to our cabin.....and since there are many prudes hangin' around, I'll let you figure out the rest (marriage is GREAT is you work at it!)

~S~...sweet man!

We drop off our hand luggage...change if necessary (usually not).

Find our steward and PRE-TIP him/her first thing!

Head to the Lido deck for the drink of the day and a cold cheeseburger (I absolutely LOVE the cold cheeseburgers on the LIDO deck prior to sailing).

Walk around the ship, to get familiar with her.

Find a sunny spot and sit with a HUGE :D SMILE on my face....I'm home!

Do you tip the bartender extra at the end of the cruise?

Normally I do, especially if they are nice enough to pick me up off the floor after I fall off the stool, prop me back up, and hand me another beer!! :D :D

In all seriousness, I normally do if they do a good job and make my cruise that much more fun. We can all have fun doing what we want to do on a cruise, but interacting with the staff makes it that much more entertaining.

Bungee the beds together so they wont come apart at the most inopertune moment.[/quote

This is a great thread - but I have a serious question (sort of). Should we really bungee our beds togehter? I have only cruised as a single gal before - this is my honeymoon cruise so if I need a bungee I want to know!

Thank you!

One thing I love to do -- after I have gotten my first couple of drinks of the day -- is call everyone I know from my cell phone on the Lido deck. Just to rub it in that I am standing on a cruise ship with a drink in my hand and they are NOT.

Drop our carry ons off in the room

go to Lido deck to eat

go to spa to volunteer to be model for spa tours (get a free treatment!)

see maitre D if we need to change our dining time

explore the ship

take a nap

Can we get back to the bugee cording of the beds please? What happens when the come apart....do y'all fly into the walls like a slingshot?:eek: BOINNNNNG!!! SPLATTTT!! And, and...if you're together at that time....who flies which way?

This bungee thing has me very concerned for people's health.....

Archived