OBC to FIL room that we paid for

TexasLacey

We sprung for our family's cruise and I have been watching the earlysaver rates diligently. I was able to secure a lower rate on the two person room OV (Military)and they put the OBC for the rate reduction on that booking which I understand. My in-laws are in this room. Is there anyway to get that OBC moved to our S & Sale card since we paid for all of the rooms on this trip?

We had to do this.

When you get onboard, just go with your FIL to guest services and they will move it, but he has to be present.

They will move it from the cabin that earned it to a completely different cabin?? Im surprised. I know within a cabin they will move it. Never heard they will move it to a different cabin.

OP at worst, discuss it with FIL and make arrangements with him if worse comes to worse. Have him pay for some item you want to buy for instance, so it goes to you not him.

Thanks. I'm one of those planners and just like to have all of my ducks in a row before the trip to avoid any unexpecteds. Our trip is only 4 days long so I don't want to waste any time standing in a line to get this matter fixed so I wanted to see about doing it ahead of time. I will probably end up just working it out with FIL.

We paid four DH's entire family to go on a cruise with us a few years ago, & had the same issue come up. We called & spoke with supervisors, asking why folks in other cabins would get the credit on their s&s when they had not spent a dime to go. After DH threatened to cancel all 4 cabins & say the heck with it all, they finally issued the credit back to him. We paid their airfare from Illinois to Florida for 4 plus paid for their cruise. It was the 1st time DH had seen his grandson since his grandson was a little boy. This was his high school graduation gift. Long story short, we were gonna book an ov for them, inside for the kids, & treat ourselves to a wrap. They (his daughter & SIL) said if they were going on a cruise, they wanted to do it up & have a balcony. DH got them 1 (to me it seemed they were taking advantage) but that was the reason he was insisting the credit come back to him...not them..I don't think he was sure himself he would have gotten it back from them. So he did get it credited to our cabin before the trip, but it took some doing. Seems like they would issue obc to the person paying for the cruise. I know with the shore excursions they refund back to the card that purchased. Seems like they could implement the obc to the cabin of the original one that purchased the cabin, wouldn't you think?

Seems like they could implement the obc to the cabin of the original one that purchased the cabin, wouldn't you think?

Not to me .. they dont give you the loyalty credit either just because you paid for it.

If the cabin has a price drop, seems perfectly logical to me it would appear on the account of the pax whose price dropped. Why would you expect Carnival to trace who paid for it .. that to me seems illogical.

They will move it from the cabin that earned it to a completely different cabin?? Im surprised. I know within a cabin they will move it. Never heard they will move it to a different cabin.

OP at worst, discuss it with FIL and make arrangements with him if worse comes to worse. Have him pay for some item you want to buy for instance, so it goes to you not him.

They gave us no problem, but she can also have him withdraw it as cash from the kiosk and put it her account at the kiosk.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

They gave us no problem, but she can also have him withdraw it as cash from the kiosk and put it her account at the kiosk.

Or he can just pay it to her in cash on the cruise I would think. If they are paying for it, it is the least he can do. thats how we handled it when my stock obc was put on my roomie's account and I had paid 100% for the cruise, she was just going along since it cost the same for 1 or 2 people.

Or he can just pay it to her in cash on the cruise I would think. If they are paying for it, it is the least he can do. thats how we handled it when my stock obc was put on my roomie's account and I had paid 100% for the cruise, she was just going along since it cost the same for 1 or 2 people.

My thinking is just that if its a significant amount, say $300, and he doesn't plan to spend that much, it would be in his better interest to not cough up the cash, or if he planned to charge it because he doesn't have the cash.

I didn't realize giving her all the options was a bad thing.

Lesson learned.

My opinion is that the OBC should go to the person who paid for the cruise/cabins. If I were to purchase cabins for my parents and sister to come along then I would expect the OBC to come to me. Issue it back to the card holder. They should find a way to correct that. Maybe instead of OBC it should just be a refund but I do understand why the OBC, so you will spend more.

My opinion is that the OBC should go to the person who paid for the cruise/cabins. If I were to purchase cabins for my parents and sister to come along then I would expect the OBC to come to me. Issue it back to the card holder. They should find a way to correct that. Maybe instead of OBC it should just be a refund but I do understand why the OBC, so you will spend more.

Obc from price drops can be withdrawn as cash to spend in ports, etc but most people aren't aware.

Couldn't agree more

I am going on a cruise in September and I was going to have a cabin by myself, but things changed and I invited them to stay in my cabin and pay the 3rd person rate and the taxes/fees for 2nd person. They had a FCC that was set to expire in early 2013 and would likely not get to use it, so they applied it to our cruise and that also meant there would be OBC. I told them that if they can't apply it to their specific accounts and it goes on mine then they get to use my card for the amount of OBC. Luckily, they were able to apply it to their name specifically....

I agree, if you're paying for the cabin for the inlaws, then you deserve the OBC for the price reduction. Since you booked and paid for the cruise I would call Carnival and see if they will apply it to your account because your credit card was used to pay for the cruise. If all else fails, do tell you FIL now that they have to go to the guest services once onboard to move the OBC to your account.

You could also be nice and let them have it..that might make their day *BG*

Now look at it from another standpoint. How does Carnival know that the person you paid for using your credit card did not give you the cash? They don't know therefore the credit will go to the person in the cabin.

If Carnival gave the credit back to the credit card holder how ticked off would you be if you'd given the person the money? It happens a lot because some people want the points on their credit card and offer to use their card.

Now look at it from another standpoint. How does Carnival know that the person you paid for using your credit card did not give you the cash? They don't know therefore the credit will go to the person in the cabin.

If Carnival gave the credit back to the credit card holder how ticked off would you be if you'd given the person the money? It happens a lot because some people want the points on their credit card and offer to use their card.

My thoughts exactly. I booked a cruise for me and my siblings (who are new cruisers.) My one sister asked me to take care of the whole trip for her because she works and also stresses easily. They gave me the $$ and I in turn put it on my card. If we had an obc due to price drops I would want it to go to my sisters cabin, not mine. And if it mistakenly went to the wrong cabin, I wouldn't fret over it...we'd just work it out either through guest relations or between ourselves.

Archived