Pearl Harbour Question

emmilu

If you have recently sailed on the 15 day Island Princess, maybe you can help me. I am trying to plan our day on Oahu and we want to go to Pearl Harbour. Can you tell me if the ship has a tour there and what time it leaves and returns? Thank you for any help!

We just got off the NCL Wind on 4/30 and we took a bus from our hotel for $2 to Pearl Harbor. The visit to the Memorial and film at the visitor center is at no charge.

You can take the bus from Aloha Tower for the same price and see the same things that would cost a much larger amount with any of the cruise lines.

Just ask the bus driver if he is going to Pearl Harbor or pick up a visitor guide at the Aloha Center that will tell you what bus numbers go there (#19, #20, #62, etc.).

When we visited the various islands on our cruise, we rented a car for the four of us which was a big savings and we visit at our own pace and found local places to have lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Check the website (www.thebus.org) for the phone number - while I was there in April, I called their info center; the nice clerk told me what bus number; where to catch it from the vicininty of the aloha touwer; how long the ride was; where to get off downtown for our destination; how often they ran etc. Much more info in person on the phone than I found looking at schedules on the website. Also; check with your Pursors desk; they usually have local ground transportation info available.

Also; here is a website for the Arizona Memorial - http://www.nps.gov/usar/

You can do this without a "ships tour" just be off EARLY because you will stand in line.

Archived