Disembarking at Barcelona

Hi everyone, just a quick question from a novice cruiser!!:)

We are sailing the Epic, Western Med, Barcelona to Barcelona in August........super excited!!;)

My question is.......approx. how long do you think disembarkation will take?

We are travelling on to Sitges and I would really like to start looking at train timetables to check out our options, so a rough estimate would be greatly appreciated from all of you experienced people!!

Thanks in advance:)

I stayed in Barcelona a few days after the cruise and took a day trip to Sitges....a wonderful seaside town that reminded me a bit of Miami's South Beach. The trains run very frequently and are only 3.60 Euro each way. You will need to take a taxi to the train station as it's not walkable (maybe a 20 min cab ride). The train is a public train much like a subway in any big city but very easy to access and only takes about 30 min to Sitges. If you need more train info let me know and I can get my guides out. ENJOY! And as others have said, it was so easy to walk off, hand the passport over, quick exam and walk out of the port.:D

Got off the Epic 5/20/12 and it was so quick and easy (NCL had the best embarkation/debarkation we've ever experienced!). We waited till about 9am to leave, so the taxi line was the longest line of the entire trip! And we were all checked into our hotel at 9:40am - on the east side of town, past the Olympic village area.

Thanks everyone for your replies!:)

Not sure if we will even WANT to get off the Epic after reading all the reviews!!:D

Just as well we have Sitges to look forward to afterwards......sounds like we will enjoy there as well, if it's like South Beach....we LOVED that!!

Thanks again for all the info......much appreciated!:)

Scheduled to dock at 5:00am, so I'm guessing disembarking begins around 7:00am?

That's probably about right.

We were off the ship and in a cab before the sun came up. :o

Sure did make it to the airport in plenty of time for our Noon flight.

That's probably about right.

We were off the ship and in a cab before the sun came up. :o

Sure did make it to the airport in plenty of time for our Noon flight.

computerworks.........obviously an early riser!!:)

I shall look at train times and make my decision from there, thanks for your help........hope you enjoyed your cruise?:)

Excerpt of our Epic T/A log, arriving Barcelona from Miami last month:

Aft lines fast at 04:35.

Up to buffet for Bfst at 05:10.

Back to cabin, got our bags,

06:07 off ship, long walk, PP control

06:20 in taxi

06:41 At airport, Terminal 1

07:11 checked in, thru Security

07:33 at Gate

YMMV

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Excerpt of our Epic T/A log, arriving Barcelona from Miami last month:

Aft lines fast at 04:35.

Up to buffet for Bfst at 05:10.

Back to cabin, got our bags,

06:07 off ship, long walk, PP control

06:20 in taxi

06:41 At airport, Terminal 1

07:11 checked in, thru Security

07:33 at Gate

YMMV

Thank you so much!!:)

Sounds to me like the earlier.......the easier!!;) * sigh *......could mean an early night on our last night then........haha.......we said that last time.......it was 2:00 am before we called it a night!!:o

We were (falsely) worried about catching our "early" flight home.

Leaving and returning in Barcelona is a delight.

We'll be back there in Nov for a Canary Isl trip on the Spirit.

Have a fun time.

Lol, you sound like me and my hubby......we are always at the airport extra early........I call it excitement myself!!;)

I'm looking forward to Barcelona......we have a few days there before the Epic!

Wow.....you certainly are a Norwegian super fan!! :D Hope to be that myself one day!!

I'm sure we'll have a ball, thank-you!

This week last year was getting ready yo head to Barcelona for 7 days on the Epic. On the back end the flight out was @ 9:30 pm and the ship gets in at 7:00am.

We used a service out side that takes your bags, hold them and you get them at the airport, $45 a bag. We walked to the Hop On/Hop Off bus and did the town. Must take is the Gaudi Church, it is unreal.

Enjoy

May I ask, what was the name of the service to holdl your bag and get it to the airport. Our daughter is wanted to do do that. Thank you so much for any info you have.

Sitges is really easy to get to by train....30 minutes...(an hour and a half if you get on the wrong train....:D)

The BEST Paella in the world served in a restaurant over looking the Med Sea on a rocky cliff that sits between the family beach and the gay beach...spectacular views and food!!

Sitges is really easy to get to by train....30 minutes...(an hour and a half if you get on the wrong train....:D)

The BEST Paella in the world served in a restaurant over looking the Med Sea on a rocky cliff that sits between the family beach and the gay beach...spectacular views and food!!

Oh my!!!! You mean I might get on the wrong train.........have we met? You know I'm a dizzy blonde, right? ;)

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation.......don't suppose you remember the name of it, by any chance?

Archived