Beach Wedding - Belize?

graymadeb

My girlfriend is planning on getting married on a beach next year off a Carnival ship. One of the stops will be Belize.

Anyone have any experience with the beaches? Is there is a easy-to-get-to beach - near where we get off the ship/tender?

She is just planning to have the wedding party and guests get off the ship - meet on the beach together and have the ceremony.

Any advice is appreciated!

My girlfriend is planning on getting married on a beach next year off a Carnival ship. One of the stops will be Belize.

Anyone have any experience with the beaches? Is there is a easy-to-get-to beach - near where we get off the ship/tender?

She is just planning to have the wedding party and guests get off the ship - meet on the beach together and have the ceremony.

Any advice is appreciated!

I would look at Belize LAST of all of your ports for a beach wedding.

No beaches near where the tender lets you off.

Much better in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Roatan, or on the ship etc.

Good luck !!

Belize is protected by a barrier reef, and has no beaches, as the reef breaks the surf getting to the mainland. For a beach wedding (and trust me it will cost) regardless of where you have it, my choice would be Grand Cayman. My DH and I were planning a beach wedding, Mexico was the craziest, you had to pay for the presiding madgistrate, you had to pay for witnesses, you had to pay for the paperwork, the space, the beach, etc. Since this was not our first wedding for either of us, when it got over the thousands, we rethought it, and got married in the states and had the cruise as the honeymoon. I hope she has a great wedding.

I would look at Belize LAST of all of your ports for a beach wedding.

No beaches near where the tender lets you off.

Much better in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Roatan, or on the ship etc.

Good luck !!

Will is absolutely correct. There are a few nice sandy beaches in Belize where you could hold such a wedding, but they are down at Placencia, several hours away.

you will find some sections of nice beach on caye caulker and also on san pedro. We went down for my brothers wedding on caye caulker. They had their wedding on the beach at the Rainbow hotel, it was a nice spot for a wedding. you might want to look into the legal requirements for weddings in Belize though. My brother and his wife had to be in the country for a few days, i think 2 or 3 days, before they were allowed to get legally married.

I don't know that the logistics of this could be made any easier, but anyone can get married on a beach, but how many people can get married at a Mayan temple in this special year.

I concur that there are several beautiful beaches on Caye Caulker and San Pedro.

Janice

Archived