Viking Menus for Paris to Normandy Cruises

firstplacechef

I love to cook, especially sea food and am quite particular about it. While on the Spirit Paris to Normandy last November, I found the sea food dishes to be routinely overcooked. They were not bad, but I prefer my seafood at the point of being almost slightly undercooked.

With your experience, I would suspect that you will have to lower your expectations somewhat. I was never disappointed in any meal, but they could have been better.

Cheers,

The duck was better than average. The very best food we had was at a small restaurant on the Normandy coast. It was booked by Viking. We pretty much had the entire place as it was December. The chocolate cake was so good that you wanted to lick the plate.

Just before we went to Normandy we had a Normandy event in the lounge with specialties of the area including hard cider. There was an accordian player who added to the festivities.

For me the french onion soup was special. I was sick and the maitre d and the head of the hotel brought the soup along with bread and butter to my room. We did not ask them to do this. It was their idea.

The duck was better than average. The very best food we had was at a small restaurant on the Normandy coast. It was booked by Viking. We pretty much had the entire place as it was December. The chocolate cake was so good that you wanted to lick the plate.

Just before we went to Normandy we had a Normandy event in the lounge with specialties of the area including hard cider. There was an accordian player who added to the festivities.

For me the french onion soup was special. I was sick and the maitre d and the head of the hotel brought the soup along with bread and butter to my room. We did not ask them to do this. It was their idea.

I would love to hear more about your Dec cruise, as that is when we are going in 2013. Things not to miss, etc. It has been over 35 years since I was in France and the cruise traces half of the journey I made as a late teenager. TIA Scott

• 10 months later...
I love to cook, especially sea food and am quite particular about it. While on the Spirit Paris to Normandy last November, I found the sea food dishes to be routinely overcooked. They were not bad, but I prefer my seafood at the point of being almost slightly undercooked.

With your experience, I would suspect that you will have to lower your expectations somewhat. I was never disappointed in any meal, but they could have been better.

Cheers,

Hi, can you tell me how the trip was in November?

Archived