Anyone else having problems with Turtle Farm website?

Gemynii

Hi everyone! We decided to try the turtle farm when we are in Grand Cayman next month, and I wanted to buy the tickets online for the 20% discount when you book online. The problem I'm having is that, after selecting the number of tickets and going to the payment screen, a security warning is given stating that their certificate is no longer valid so there is no way to verify that the correct person is receiving your payment info. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, what did you end up doing? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

They appear to be migrating to a new website since removing the "Boatswain's" name portion from the facility. However, the booking page there goes back to the old site and has the same expired certificate issue. Maybe try sending them an email - info@turtle.ky

New Website

http://www.turtle.ky

Old Website

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky

Yeah... I kind of wondered why it had two websites. What you stated makes sense. I guess they wouldn't want to renew the certificate for the old site if they won't be using it much longer. You would think that they would have a way to purchase the tickets on the new site instead of redirecting it to the old site. I was thinking of emailing or calling them... I just didn't know if any one else had experienced the warning and decided to just ignore it and go through with the purchase. Thanks for your help. :)

I emailed the Turtle Farm and quickly got a reply...

We are presently experiencing some difficulties with the Security Certificate on that boatswainsbeach.ky website. It is being worked on to be resolved over the next few days. Despite the warning message your order will be processed if you continue with the steps to place your order. If because of the security warning you don’t want to proceed with the order online, I can make special arrangements with our Box Office for you to pay onsite with when you get here. To do that I will need to know your full name as shown on the credit card if paying by credit card that you will be using, the date you are planning to visit, the type of tour you want to purchase (see above) and the number of adults and children. We will give you the same 20% discount as if you have bought on the website, in view of the circumstances. I also have attached a credit card admission form where you can fax it back with your information and I can processed before your arrival date. Please let us know what you decide to do.

I replied back stating that I would probably still buy online using a pre-paid card, but inquiring if the offer above would be available to the others in our group of nine.

I received another reply within 5 mins stating that it would be available to all in our party. Very helpful people. :)

I saw that the Customer Service Manager that was working with me forwarded my email and her reply to 3 other people, so she may have been letting the "higher ups" know about the problem as well.

Yes as mentioned in the thread Cayman Turtle Farm: Island Wildlife Encounter is moving to www.turtle.ky but the credit card "shopping cart" engine is still on www.boatswainsbeach.ky and partway through the domain transition, the security certificate for the old site expired. Because of where they are at in the process, it is proving to be quite a challenge for the logistics to get the certificate renewed on the old site, but it might possibly happen any day now. In the meantime the old shopping cart works fine except for the worrying warning, and guests who book using the old shopping cart get their reservations processed "no problem." They have also started building a shopping cart in the new website that should be a big improvement over the old one.

Hi Kim ... Maybe you had already spotted this on the Cayman Turtle Farm's new website ... but since you're going there and just in case you missed this item ... thought you might like to know about a new experience they offer called the "Interactive Turtle Encounter." It sounds kind of like a "swim with a dolphin" type of encounter except this is with a trained 115-pound sea turtle! Right now they have a link under the "Announcement" banner on the home page of their website, that describes it in some more detail. You would need to call them to book that direct with them though (at least it's not in their website "shopping cart" yet, last time I checked). They only take 6 persons at a time for that "Encounter" so I'm doubtful the cruise lines would sell that as an excursion.

Anyway ... I thought I'd mention it in case you like that sort of activity.

Archived