Balmoral Cabins 4011 and 4012

Iceland

Hi, has anyone had either of these cabins or near. As they are quite forward was wondering what they are like if we get any rough seas. We would probably be OK with these but our friends are not seasoned cruisers.

Thanks

Rita

Thanks for your reply, they are guarantee cabins as the price was reduced, although not a big reduction. The cabins which were offered to us to choose suffered noise and vibration so we thought we might as well go with the guarantee. I always say that I won't look at prices once I've booked but sometimes it's unavoidable and I notice now that the prices are cheaper, but there you go, win some, lose some. We will be in the fjords for 5 out of 7 days so I think those days will be ok, it will be just the journey over the North Sea each way that will be most susceptible to rough seas. Having said that, we have been to Norway 3 times and have not had rough seas.

Hi Iceland, try to get your friends moved before you join the ship,you know what the sign on the desk will say when you join,just get onto FO beforehand and see what they will do.

I,m off to Norway up to the North Cape on the 16th. in a grte. on a much smaller ship, so I,m keeping my fingers crossed I get a decent position ,otherwise I,ve got my electric bracelet ready to wear,when I say electric I mean battery.

I,ve only worn it once before in dreadful seas waiting to cross the BOB ,where we lay off the coast of Portugal on Boudicca for 2 days.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived