Price Reducation for Extra People in Cabin

We are leaving on the Gem on Saturday, 6/9. We have 2 cabins with a total of 7 people, so three are paying the "extra person" rate. I believe we have one at $599 and the other two at $649 (highway robbery, since the room rate for the inside cabin was only about $729, but I digress). I see on the NCL website that there are a few rooms left on the cruise and the third person rate is now $549. NCL is telling me that because they can't see rooms in my exact category they can't do a comparison, and in general they will look at base fare reductions, not extra person rate reductions. Am I being fed a line? To complicate matters, both rooms are reserved through separate travel agents, so I have to make the same argument twice. Any (helpful) suggestions on how to pursue this? Thanks in advance.

Alan (and Leslie) (and Ben, Eb, Nana, Tom, and Ryan)

No, I don't think your being fed a line. Usually the rooms are listed for the first two and then the extra persons kicks in. If you cancelled the whole stateroom (you can't, to close to sail time), and rebooked, you could probably get the better extra person rate.

Your TA is the one that has to work this for you and if they can't get it done or won't, your stuck. Enjoy your cruise.

We are leaving on the Gem on Saturday, 6/9. We have 2 cabins with a total of 7 people, so three are paying the "extra person" rate. I believe we have one at $599 and the other two at $649 (highway robbery, since the room rate for the inside cabin was only about $729, but I digress). I see on the NCL website that there are a few rooms left on the cruise and the third person rate is now $549. NCL is telling me that because they can't see rooms in my exact category they can't do a comparison, and in general they will look at base fare reductions, not extra person rate reductions. Am I being fed a line? To complicate matters, both rooms are reserved through separate travel agents, so I have to make the same argument twice. Any (helpful) suggestions on how to pursue this? Thanks in advance.

Alan (and Leslie) (and Ben, Eb, Nana, Tom, and Ryan)

No, you are not being told a "line". NCL does look at the base fare but not certain what you are hoping to accomplish. NCL does NOT refund any difference between what was originally paid vs. what the cabins are now going for. They also do not give any On Board Credit (OBC) for such differences. In fact, about the ONLY thing they "may" do (but are not required to do) is to move you to what would have been a more expensive cabin. So, you are probably "stuck" as you are. Enjoy your cruise

Archived