jamaica for a day

needabreakcanada

Ok I have asked this before but have done more homework now.

From what I can see the cheapest excursion through Carnival beach wise is Bamboo Beach for $59.

I have read all the warnings about not going on your own in Jamaica, so want an excursion.

For the bamboo beach I have read bad reviews on carnival and here on CC.

I am not interested in Dunns River Falls - which most of Carnivals excursions have. Do not horesback ride. Cannot do the vehicles, skuba or zip lines or river tubing.

Are there any other excursions you can suggest? Jamaica for a day is pricey at $79 per person with transportation included. So hoping for more options.

THanks,

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry forgot that part.

Also just had email back from Jewels Dunns River Resort and they said they don't pick up from pier until 9:15 and they return you between 12:30 and 1:00!!!!

That is really short for $79 per person:eek:

I just heard back from Jamaica For A Day re: Jewels Dunns River because I asked about the times since we are in port from 7:30 until 3:30. She said because our ship arrives early, they will pick us up at 8:15 and we will leave the resort at 1:30. What times are you there??

We are an hour less than you. However, when I checked into the time difference and then the times the food and drink were available we had 2 hours to drink and only 1 hour or less to eat.

Did not work for us for sure. Check out the times and remember you stay on ship time and they are 1 hour behind us.

Good Luck

We are an hour less than you. However, when I checked into the time difference and then the times the food and drink were available we had 2 hours to drink and only 1 hour or less to eat.

Did not work for us for sure. Check out the times and remember you stay on ship time and they are 1 hour behind us.

Good Luck

I found out last week that they have changed our time to depart at 2:30 also. I agree - it's too pricey for the amount of time we could spend there. :(

I port in Ocho Rios from 7-2:30 and I'd love to do an all inclusive because traveling with my sister (two young single women), I feel a little nervous about hanging out on a public beach or whatever but all the all inclusives start at like 10 am and are $70+. Not worth it! I feel like I could hire someone to be our bodyguard for that much. Maybe we'll have to meet some young men on the boat and see what they're doing on shore. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Through Jamaica for a day and cruising via Ocho Rios, the two options are either the Dunns Rivers location, @ 79 pp including transportation, or the Sunset Jamaica Grande, @ 69pp including transportation. The Dunn's River location was a Sandals property years ago and I can tell you it was very nice when I was there almost 20 years ago. It is adults only and the Grande location is for families. Both places will allow you to come in before 10AM. All you need to do is contact Kim at Jamaica for a day...it is specifically mentioned on their web site.

We are in the same predicament for our cruise in january on the Breeze. We're docked at Montego Bay from 700-300. We are thinking of the Hilton Rose Hall, but we would only be there from about 830-100, using their transportation. Lunch is available at 1 place at 1130 and 2 others at Noon and the bars open at 1000. At 75 pp + 15 pp transportation, it's a pricey day.

Archived