I.o.s. Drinks menu?

Hi on the Indy in Sep & just wondered if anyone has a drinks menu? I know there was threads about the drinks being more expensive as they had the 15% tip included & wanted to know if this was still the case?

I am sailing on this ship in August but I think you're correct yes. I beleive drinks are quite expensive on board. There is I have been informed a 15%tip automatically included but that I beleive can be removed once on board. Not saying you should do especially on here as you will get your head bit off but it is possible to remove if desired.

We have thought about the drink situation for our August cruise and have decided against a drinks package because I don't drink much at all. It spoils it really for my husband as he probably would get value from his package but because I would have to buy one too it wouldn't be cost effective. So pay as you go for us.

Hi on the Indy in Sep & just wondered if anyone has a drinks menu? I know there was threads about the drinks being more expensive as they had the 15% tip included & wanted to know if this was still the case?

I am not sure if this is accurate, but I think I read on here that the IOS drink menus don't have prices on them...(which seems rather odd to me)

Yeah had looked at the drinks package & was tempted but our 18yr old daughter is coming with us so we would have 3 to pay for which works out to about £1500.I think we would just be drinking more to get our money's worth and wont spend that much if we just pay for what we have.

Hi all just got back from 14 day cruise in the Med on IOTS, beautiful ship,had a few hiccups to start with but over came them:( as far as the drinks package is concerned if you drink a lot then its worth it but my daughter and i drink ros'e wine which was a house wine at 7 dollars a glass and would have have to drink at least

8 glasses a day and son in law drank stronbow cider at 6.50 dollars a bottle,if you are at sea all day then you may drink this much but if you go on excursions you may find it hard to drink it all. We hope to go cruising again next year and wont be getting the drinks packages, hope this helps.

Hi all just got back from 14 day cruise in the Med on IOTS, beautiful ship,had a few hiccups to start with but over came them:( as far as the drinks package is concerned if you drink a lot then its worth it but my daughter and i drink ros'e wine which was a house wine at 7 dollars a glass and would have have to drink at least

8 glasses a day and son in law drank stronbow cider at 6.50 dollars a bottle,if you are at sea all day then you may drink this much but if you go on excursions you may find it hard to drink it all. We hope to go cruising again next year and wont be getting the drinks packages, hope this helps.

Did you notice if there were prices on the bar menus?

Just back no prices and only wine list in main dining room had wine prices.

we didn't take the alchohol package but we took the wine package,10 bottles $245 inc gratuity.

We could leave the wine till next night or take it with us and we asked for clean glasses.

We took our wine one night when there was something on at the royal promenade.

Drinks included gratuity.A vodka and what ever was $7 a cocktail between 6.95 and 8.95, a soft drink was 2.50 a can or draft.Baileys $7.large bottle of Magners 7.50 or 6.50 at pool bar.Wine was 6.25 for small bottle only in windjammer or $8 for a glass beringer zinfandel and from $7 for red wine.

In windjammer you could get water and fruit punch or flavoured water by the glass free.

hope this helps.

hello,does anyone know about the soda package,,was thinking i would get this for my son,but then was a little confused to know where this would be offered to him,,as if we in different bars,restraunts etc would he be able to use this soda option,as we would be buying our drinks as and when we need them,or is it only in certain areas so would have to buy him a drink again.thanks (never cruised before so havnt a clue).

What sort of stupid idea was it to get rid of the prices? I don't care about how overpriced the drinks are, or how much service charge there is, that won't stop me from buying one. I want to know however how much I am paying before I get the drink. It's plain rude, and a pretty cheap trick to sell more drinks, that's what it is.

hello,does anyone know about the soda package,,was thinking i would get this for my son,but then was a little confused to know where this would be offered to him,,as if we in different bars,restraunts etc would he be able to use this soda option,as we would be buying our drinks as and when we need them,or is it only in certain areas so would have to buy him a drink again.thanks (never cruised before so havnt a clue).

The soda package is around $4.50 a day for kids, and you can use it at any bar or restaurant on the ship, just show the sticker on your SeaPass card to any waiter.

Here are some prices from my receipts, from the Independence out of Southampton. The gratuity is included in these prices.

Old Speckled Hen $7.50 (pint)

Bottle red wine at dinner $33.00

Cappuccino, tall $3.15

Magners Cider (the tall bottle) $7.50

20 ounce draft beer, non American $6.95

daily draft beer special (see Compass to find out what's being offered) $5.00

drink of the day $6.75 (cocktail)

Check out Vintages on the Royal Promenade for any wine bottle specials. We were able to buy wine on several nights for $25/bottle, which we brought with us to the MDR.

What sort of stupid idea was it to get rid of the prices? I don't care about how overpriced the drinks are, or how much service charge there is, that won't stop me from buying one. I want to know however how much I am paying before I get the drink. It's plain rude, and a pretty cheap trick to sell more drinks, that's what it is.

I have to agree. I think makes no sense whatsoever to take the prices off the menu. Someone mentioned that they were charged different prices for the same drink in two different bars--

Without drink prices, is it rude to ask how much the drink is at the bar before you get it? Like littlesteelo said, it won't necessarily stop me from buying the drink, but as we are on a budget for the trip as a whole, I'd like to keep track in my mind without having to run off and check my balance four thousand times throughout the day.

Here are some prices from my receipts, from the Independence out of Southampton. The gratuity is included in these prices.

Old Speckled Hen $7.50 (pint)

Bottle red wine at dinner $33.00

Cappuccino, tall $3.15

Magners Cider (the tall bottle) $7.50

20 ounce draft beer, non American $6.95

daily draft beer special (see Compass to find out what's being offered) $5.00

drink of the day $6.75 (cocktail)

Check out Vintages on the Royal Promenade for any wine bottle specials. We were able to buy wine on several nights for $25/bottle, which we brought with us to the MDR.

Thanks for that pretty sure they are the same prices we paid on the Adventure but they then added the 15% tip plus 8% Spanish v.a.t. So works out a fair bit cheaper.

Archived