Port of Miami directions - Any Floridians that can help?

poohbear60

We are going on our first cruise on Carnival the end of June. We will already be in Florida as we are staying on Marco Island prior to our cruise. I have been told the best and fastest way across Florida is to go I-75 to 95. I don't like mapquest and we aren't getting a GPS in our rental(I like the old fashioned maps:). But I'm wondering if someone might know the exits and streets that one would need to get off on for the Port of Miami from I-95? Mapquest had me going all over and I'm just looking for simple directions. We will have to park at the Port parking garage, so thanks in advance for any simple directions:).

We are going on our first cruise on Carnival the end of June. We will already be in Florida as we are staying on Marco Island prior to our cruise. I have been told the best and fastest way across Florida is to go I-75 to 95. I don't like mapquest and we aren't getting a GPS in our rental(I like the old fashioned maps:). But I'm wondering if someone might know the exits and streets that one would need to get off on for the Port of Miami from I-95? Mapquest had me going all over and I'm just looking for simple directions. We will have to park at the Port parking garage, so thanks in advance for any simple directions:).

Mapquest has never steered me wrong and there is a feature of "most direct route".

I would certainly trust it more than some ones blow by blow description (with good intentions of course).

I once got my son in law lost by giving him ONE wrong turn....:eek:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/08/24/how-do-i-get-to-the-port-of-miami.aspx

Directions to the Port:

Traveling from I-95 North or South

Exit at I-395 east toward Miami Beach (Exit #2D).

Follow the directional signs to Biscayne Boulevard (Exit #2A/#2B).

Follow directions for Biscayne Boulevard South; turn right at the traffic light/stop sign.

Stay in the left lane.

The entrance to the Port of Miami is at Biscayne Boulevard and Port Boulevard (N.E 5th Street).

At the traffic light, turn left at Port Boulevard (N.E. 5th Street).

Proceed over the bridge.

Stay in the left lanes and follow the signs to Cruise Terminals D/E.

The Easy Way is Allegator Alley ( I75) to Ft Lauderdale then onto 595 East to I95 South then follow the Port Directions for I95 south

You can also take I75 all the way South then toPalmetto then 836 ( it can get confusing abit ) this way

Mapquest has never steered me wrong and there is a feature of "most direct route".

I would certainly trust it more than some ones blow by blow description (with good intentions of course).

I once got my son in law lost by giving him ONE wrong turn....:eek:

If you go by the most direct route, Mapquest will take you across Rt. 41 into the South side of Miami. For the OP, you probably will be outside brush fire season, but just in case, you might want to have Rt 41 directions if I-75 is closed. We had to use 41 on our 2005 cruise as I-75 was closed because of a fire.

Gregg

From Marco Island, the quickest and easiest way is to head east on I75 (Alligator Alley)...enjoy the ride and look for alligators in the canals sunning themselves...when you see houses again you'll go thru a toll booth, stay straight on I75 which merges into 595 East....keep traveling east on 595 until you can exit onto I95 south (you'll be close to the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport). Proceed south to Miami, the exit is clearly marked for the Port...I believe it is Exit 2A or B. When you exit, just follow the signs for the Port of Miami, you'll be real close at this point. The signs will lead you right over the bridge to your cruise ship. Happy sailing!!!

Archived